Bullnose Forums

1981 Ford F100 Revival (Parked for 12 years)

Jonathan

I will post my questions one at a time to keep it clear. What is the best way to fix this chewed off line for the vent control it looks like. Does it connect inside where I can replace the whole line? Or do I need to get a very tiny coupler? The line is very small and hard.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n96902/PXL_20210513_235839372_2.jpg

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n96902/PXL_20210513_235843235_2.jpg

First thing I would do is not reuse any of the plastic lines because you will add a little rubber hose to get them to "connect" and next thing you know the plastic broke some where else!

Ok on this HVAC pass through mine broke in the middle of that rubber part and would not let vacuum pass through. If you go inside the truck you can see where is comes through IIRC.

I traced out where the 2 lines went so I knew how to run the new hoses.

I then made the pass through holes bigger and pushed 2 rubber hoses through.

The lines inside were still in good shape so I was able to connect the hoses to them.

1 hose connects to the valve in the picture the other hose is the vacuum supply to the HVAC system and think connects to the vacuum tree on the firewall with the 3 or 4 nipples.

1 of the 3 / 4 nipples has a hose from the intake manifold as the vacuum supply, think the rest were capped?

I also installed a heater core bypass valve so when on max AC the hot coolant does not go to the heater core so I get more cold AC :nabble_anim_jump:

Dave ----

Do you have a picture of your heater core bypass valve. Is it automatic or manual valve?

I went to the salvage yard on Saturday. Got something for a neighbor but didn't find anything for myself.

PXL_20210515_160249952.jpg.9520300246f56eea08af42550153042c.jpg

I went to the salvage yard on Saturday. Got something for a neighbor but didn't find anything for myself.

I also removed the frame crossmember that I bent up. I was going to give it to a neighbor to take someplace to get straightened but he backed down. So I need to find someone to fix it for me and reinforce so it can be a lift point. The bolts I cleaned in the sonic cleaner and now it is in the vibrating tumbler being polished.

PXL_20210516_011027189.jpg.41aebe840916fa695a4d01661949bf54.jpg

PXL_20210516_231214837.jpg.422c2db38101fa514d68ca4cbe972b73.jpg

I also removed the frame crossmember that I bent up. I was going to give it to a neighbor to take someplace to get straightened but he backed down. So I need to find someone to fix it for me and reinforce so it can be a lift point. The bolts I cleaned in the sonic cleaner and now it is in the vibrating tumbler being polished.

Since I am still waiting for the fuel line from inline tube I polished the metal ring that the filler neck attaches to. It started to rust from where I cleaned it before. I am hoping the polish will help protect it from rusting some.

PXL_20210515_214935032.jpg.a14a679d519799f03a8cd21cdcf782ec.jpg

Documentation>vacuum systems>vacuum systems.

It doesn't make that much sense to me.

I'd think to look under Emissions for a Rosetta Stone.

Maybe Gary can add a hyperlink when he gets back?

Is that where you want to see it or where you saw it? I can't seem to find any vacuum systems under documentation. Do you have a direct link you can copy and paste?

Is that where you want to see it or where you saw it? I can't seem to find any vacuum systems under documentation. Do you have a direct link you can copy and paste?

Vacuum systems are in the EVTM's - Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manuals.

But there are also pages on vacuum systems at Documentation/Underhood/Vacuum Systems, meaning click on Vacuum Systems. And then below that page there are other pages.

Sorry, underhood, vacuum systems, vacuum diagrams....

I can't do that drill down on my phone because of clicks vs mouse cursor.

http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/vacuum-diagrams.html

The hard vacuum line coming from the distributor I found was just tucked under the air cleaner not connected to anything. Does it connect to a soft line like the other of this type? And where does it connect to?

That should be the vacuum advance and according to your chart looks like "S" on the carb connections. but it also appears to be connected to the "3" line. That's going to be a line that needs to be in good condition to keep your vac advance working correctly. I would suspect there is a connection on base of carb for it? Definitely NOT to the air cleaner housing nipples in the photo. At least I wouldn't think they would do that since air cleaners get changed, removed, etc.

That's about as helpful I can be on these since I don't know the codes on the parts and such on the Ford diagram.

I wonder if it goes here using a rubber line coupler? Just found this one with nothing attached.

I wonder if it goes here using a rubber line coupler? Just found this one with nothing attached.

Dang I'm not even sure what that photo is - good job getting a tight photo. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

But I can't make out what it is or where it is. Is that even a vacuum fitting? Sorry I can't help more with that.

To me it looks like a sending unit of some sort that's missing the electrical plug on top. I might be showing my ignorance there.

Vacuum systems are in the EVTM's - Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manuals.

But there are also pages on vacuum systems at Documentation/Underhood/Vacuum Systems, meaning click on Vacuum Systems. And then below that page there are other pages.

Thank you, I just ordered the book today on eBay. It was not included in my e-manuals.

Dang I'm not even sure what that photo is - good job getting a tight photo. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

But I can't make out what it is or where it is. Is that even a vacuum fitting? Sorry I can't help more with that.

To me it looks like a sending unit of some sort that's missing the electrical plug on top. I might be showing my ignorance there.

Sorry I didn't specify because we were talking about the carb connections. But that picture is from under the carb.