Bullnose Forums

1981 Ford F100 Revival (Parked for 12 years)

Jonathan

Dorman 47076 is the ball reservoir used on later Ford trucks

Thank you, do you know if the screw holes line up on the fender? And what do I do with the other line connection that I don't use. I only have one line going to mine.

If your system has the reservoir on a tee, you could just put a vacuum cap on the other port.

Or you could run both lines to this and put it in place of the tee.

I'd imagine the rubber lines could use replacing anyhow, after 40 years.

I don't know if the holes line up.

I don't know if the later plastic inner fenders are exactly the same.

It's not as if another hole makes a difference.

Vigrue sells a nice set of Ottiker clamps (with crimping pliers) to keep these lines attached.

The AISN # B086ZH79PB

Thanks, I was wondering about that. The factory connection looked very secure. That kit is very affordable. Much more affordable then the one I got for CV boots. I will try my banding tool first since it cuts off the excess it should work okay. Here is the one I have already.

BAND-IT A92079 Tie-Lok II Hand Tool

https://amzn.to/2R2HgVk

Dont forget what Gary and Dave said about using a cheap lawnmower filter to keep the mud out.

My '87 truck still has the vent cap on it. But yours may not.

If your system has the reservoir on a tee, you could just put a vacuum cap on the other port.

Or you could run both lines to this and put it in place of the tee.

I'd imagine the rubber lines could use replacing anyhow, after 40 years.

I don't know if the holes line up.

I don't know if the later plastic inner fenders are exactly the same.

It's not as if another hole makes a difference.

Yeah all the lines are shot. I plan on replacing them all as I get to them.

Dont forget what Gary and Dave said about using a cheap lawnmower filter to keep the mud out.

My '87 truck still has the vent cap on it. But yours may not.

That is a good idea. I have a lot of extra filters because they were clearance on RockAuto and got more then I needed.

I removed the line from the carb and cleaning up all the fittings. I cut new line from what I had laying around that seems like a close match.

I replaced the lines after cleaning up all the little bits. Does anyone know where the line where the T connection port goes to? I can't make heads or tails of the vacuum diagram. It was not connected on my truck.

The metal coupler that connects to the carburetor is staying in so far. I think it was not in deep enough before to stay because the rubber hose was slid on too far.

PXL_20210509_205325098_(1).jpg.aa5570609ef78db5bb457542c78a8e41.jpg

PXL_20210511_152912323.jpg.280ba8dc5afde626f3473d3321ea4938.jpg

PXL_20210511_154634250.jpg.a6f318bfd068c54cbc4adf55a50e08b8.jpg

PXL_20210511_154652113.jpg.524db5f53b159289714cdb3a2fc662c3.jpg

PXL_20210511_184330442.jpg.076134e5231d98483baf72c4108b45f4.jpg

I replaced the lines after cleaning up all the little bits. Does anyone know where the line where the T connection port goes to? I can't make heads or tails of the vacuum diagram. It was not connected on my truck.

The metal coupler that connects to the carburetor is staying in so far. I think it was not in deep enough before to stay because the rubber hose was slid on too far.

Vacuum diagram is only for emissions.

Sorry, I don't know anything about how an '81 300 is plumbed.

If the can wasn't even connected maybe someone squirted oil in tryin to keep it from rusting out?

Vacuum diagram is only for emissions.Sorry, I don't know anything about how an '81 300 is plumbed.If the can wasn't even connected maybe someone squirted oil in tryin to keep it from rusting out?
The can was connected but this T connection under the air cleaner wasn't.

On Tue, May 11, 2021, 3:21 PM ArdWrknTrk [via Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum] <redacted_email_address> wrote: