Bullnose Forums

1981 Ford F100 Revival (Parked for 12 years)

Jonathan

Straps are almost ready. I installed a waterproof EVA foam to insulate it from vibration and rubbing. Link provided below. I will spray the ends that I can't access when it is installed with rust preventer before installing. I am letting the tank set up now since I sprayed the protection on it where the straps will go.

https://amzn.to/3oIUK4O

Dude, your dog is WANTING to go for a ride in the truck. I see it in his(her?) eyes. :nabble_smiley_happy:

New stuff looks soooo good on these trucks! Glad it's getting more complete. I really like the documentation you have going on. ON a lot of Facebook posts, the buyer has that first set of photos you have then starts asking how big a tire they can fit, or what kinda stereo, or how they gonna build their 460. This revival is showing the real step and frustrations involved and not how to put $3000 worth wheels and tires on a truck that the bed is rusted off of and doesn't run.

I feel better knowing the fuel system is not in question anymore. It is a 100 percent new fuel system if you don't count the carb. Almost time for its first start. I will add fuel to the tank after the metal straps are in.

I feel better knowing the fuel system is not in question anymore. It is a 100 percent new fuel system if you don't count the carb. Almost time for its first start. I will add fuel to the tank after the metal straps are in.

Be sure to look at that post on here in main section on the chinese replacement carbs - might be an idea if the carb proves troublesome.

I spent 3 years working for NC state motorcycle program and saw nearly every thing that could go wrong on 250cc motorcycle carbs. And the thing was that MOST all of them would come clean and work again with spray or soaking in carb dip. I know there are differences, but my thing is how easy they were to bring back with a good cleaning. I used compressed air, torch tip cleaners and a taillight wire strand for the smallest passages.

The worst carbs were where a dealership would try to repair them using or drilling oversize jets and such as that. First best step to me is remove, dismantle, and clean every passage. But only once you see that there is an issue. Old fuel left in them is the worst thing that can happen. It can turn all sorts of ugly.

Hopefully you won't have to go too far with that. And you will be pumping clean fuel into it.

Wow! You are really on a ROLL!!!! Well done! :nabble_anim_claps:

Thank you Gary. Not really on much of a roll, just didn't post for a few days. Every day I get a little done but it adds up. I guess a little progress every day really does make a difference. But one of my favorite quotes is from Pudding in Oklahoma. "Sitting on your ass won't finish your project." Link to his channel provided.

https://www.youtube.com/c/PuddinsFabShop/videos

Be sure to look at that post on here in main section on the chinese replacement carbs - might be an idea if the carb proves troublesome.

I spent 3 years working for NC state motorcycle program and saw nearly every thing that could go wrong on 250cc motorcycle carbs. And the thing was that MOST all of them would come clean and work again with spray or soaking in carb dip. I know there are differences, but my thing is how easy they were to bring back with a good cleaning. I used compressed air, torch tip cleaners and a taillight wire strand for the smallest passages.

The worst carbs were where a dealership would try to repair them using or drilling oversize jets and such as that. First best step to me is remove, dismantle, and clean every passage. But only once you see that there is an issue. Old fuel left in them is the worst thing that can happen. It can turn all sorts of ugly.

Hopefully you won't have to go too far with that. And you will be pumping clean fuel into it.

I got some experience rebuilding carbs when I rebuilt four carbs on my 1998 Suzuki Bandit project. It also sat for many years. I purchased a rebuild kit but I will try to run it first.

Dude, your dog is WANTING to go for a ride in the truck. I see it in his(her?) eyes. :nabble_smiley_happy:

I wish, Sergeant does not like to ride in vehicles. But I will try.

Dont feel bad my 2 dogs, 75-80 lb each, dont like riding in cars or trucks.

When they go for check ups we have to lift them in :nabble_anim_crazy:

Fuel system is looking good :nabble_smiley_good:

You know what you get 1 part looking really good it makes the rest look really bad then you got more work to make the bad parts look good :nabble_smiley_evil:

Dave ----

I wish, Sergeant does not like to ride in vehicles. But I will try.

Dont feel bad my 2 dogs, 75-80 lb each, dont like riding in cars or trucks.

When they go for check ups we have to lift them in :nabble_anim_crazy:

Fuel system is looking good :nabble_smiley_good:

You know what you get 1 part looking really good it makes the rest look really bad then you got more work to make the bad parts look good :nabble_smiley_evil:

Dave ----

I am thinking about trying something like this.

94FEE738-CE12-4B53-AFD3-986646BEFB0D.thumb.jpeg.48266efd2212d7e3972a1e4f1cdc6807.jpeg