Bullnose Forums

5 brackets done

And Gary will set it aside with the stash for Darin. And, I'll watch for whatever Dave decides is the way to affix them to the truck.

Darin - Does your truck have holes already to attach the bracket? If so, does it have nutserts in the holes? If so, what thread pitch?

Dave - Why didn't your truck have the holes already drilled?

Gary, my truck did have the holes in the rear sill it was the plate bracket that Ron made that did not have the holes.

He said he did not add them to the bracket or the ones for the plate light because the mounting holes may be different between trucks and for the light some people may not use the stock plate light like I am thinking about going LED.

The nut cert I should have added and may still yet, to the plate bracket.

Right now you need nut & bolt and it can be hard getting hands & tools in on the back side is all.

Dave - - - -

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Gary will set it aside with the stash for Darin. And, I'll watch for whatever Dave decides is the way to affix them to the truck.

Darin - Does your truck have holes already to attach the bracket? If so, does it have nutserts in the holes? If so, what thread pitch?

Dave - Why didn't your truck have the holes already drilled?

Gary, my truck did have the holes in the rear sill it was the plate bracket that Ron made that did not have the holes.

He said he did not add them to the bracket or the ones for the plate light because the mounting holes may be different between trucks and for the light some people may not use the stock plate light like I am thinking about going LED.

The nut cert I should have added and may still yet, to the plate bracket.

Right now you need nut & bolt and it can be hard getting hands & tools in on the back side is all.

Dave - - - -

Ahhh! Makes sense. Thanks!

Ahhh! Makes sense. Thanks!

Daren

I don't have a paypal account, but I can send the bracket to Gary, And when you get here, you (or Gary:nabble_anim_blbl:) and send a money order from Okie for the bracket then.

How's that sound?

Daren

I don't have a paypal account, but I can send the bracket to Gary, And when you get here, you (or Gary:nabble_anim_blbl:) and send a money order from Okie for the bracket then.

How's that sound?

Thanks Reamer! I don't want you being out of pocket on my account so I'll send Gary a separate message and see whether he's able to pay you before we arrive for the G2G.

Cheers, Darin

Thanks Reamer! I don't want you being out of pocket on my account so I'll send Gary a separate message and see whether he's able to pay you before we arrive for the G2G.

Cheers, Darin

There were no nutserts in the bed lip for the bracket From Ford. Just holes.

That's why I didn't put holes in the bracket to line up with the bed flange-holes.

I don't know if everyone still has the holes after any repairs to that area....

There were no nutserts in the bed lip for the bracket From Ford. Just holes.

That's why I didn't put holes in the bracket to line up with the bed flange-holes.

I don't know if everyone still has the holes after any repairs to that area....

There's definitely no nutserts - it doesn't look like this has had any previous damage.

There's definitely no nutserts - it doesn't look like this has had any previous damage.

Oh man what did I start :nabble_smiley_happy:

Not in the body of the truck but on the bracket.

This way you hold the bracket up to the back side of the panel, line up the holes to the nutserts and insert the bolts and tighten down.

Other wise you have to sneak your hand with lock washer & nut or lock nut up there, then get a wrench on it to keep from turning wile you tighten them down.

Then again if a nut & bolt was good for the factory so be it :nabble_smiley_good:

Dave ----