Bullnose Forums

5 brackets done

Dave - Isn't the part number shown on the Part #'s tab?

Darin - If Dave figures it out maybe I can pick them up or or them in here and have them with the bracket when you get here.

There is a PN tab?

I should know better, will check it out when ok my PC.

Darin, I will see what I can come up with and will post here as the light is for this bracket.

Dave G.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a PN tab?

I should know better, will check it out when ok my PC.

Darin, I will see what I can come up with and will post here as the light is for this bracket.

Dave G.

You think I'd give you half an answer? :nabble_anim_blbl:

Yes, there's a part # tab that should answer your questions. But, if not please let me know what's missing.

Yes, there's a part # tab that should answer your questions. But, if not please let me know what's missing.

De-coder ring to figure out how to read the part numbers :nabble_anim_crazy:

At first I thought with out bumper PN:D6TZ 13550-A but looking up pictures thru Google they just did not look right

So I picked PN: D7AZ 13550-A (no note with or with out bumper) and that looks more like the parts book picture on Google. Less bulb socket.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2322090.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XD7AZ+13550-A.TRS0&_nkw=D7AZ+13550-A&_sacat=0

Now they go for $20+ s/h to $46+ s/h again less bulb socket and it's not LED.

Because I am in no rush when I have time I want to check other options for a light in LED models.

Grote has some LED plate lights that look like they would work.

Dave ----

De-coder ring to figure out how to read the part numbers :nabble_anim_crazy:

At first I thought with out bumper PN:D6TZ 13550-A but looking up pictures thru Google they just did not look right

So I picked PN: D7AZ 13550-A (no note with or with out bumper) and that looks more like the parts book picture on Google. Less bulb socket.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2322090.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XD7AZ+13550-A.TRS0&_nkw=D7AZ+13550-A&_sacat=0

Now they go for $20+ s/h to $46+ s/h again less bulb socket and it's not LED.

Because I am in no rush when I have time I want to check other options for a light in LED models.

Grote has some LED plate lights that look like they would work.

Dave ----

First, the body code of 99 means Styleside and 83 means Flareside. ("99" is smoother than "83" is the way I remember it.) So I think you want D7AZ 1350-A.

I'll put the above info about body codes on that page if you think it'll help.

First, the body code of 99 means Styleside and 83 means Flareside. ("99" is smoother than "83" is the way I remember it.) So I think you want D7AZ 1350-A.

That may help others if they come across the page as I did not know what the (xx) number was for.

I also saw in the 13550 area a B-R--w/chrome bumper , B--w/painted bumper , A for the "83" light and was looking for foot notes what they were for.

Dave ----

That may help others if they come across the page as I did not know what the (xx) number was for.

I also saw in the 13550 area a B-R--w/chrome bumper , B--w/painted bumper , A for the "83" light and was looking for foot notes what they were for.

Dave ----

I added that wording to the page.

Thanks Ron, let me do some checking regarding my bumper placement.

The one I want to use was hand made by a guy at US Forest Service where my dad worked. It was the district ranger’s special order 1966 flareside. My dad got the truck at auction and owned it until rust cancer claimed it. He kept the bumper and had it put on his 1968 F250. I recently sold the truck but I kept the bumper. It has some sentimental value, and it is a darn good bumper. Does not look like much in the picture, but it’s very well made, solid, but not overkill. It belongs on a flareside. Of course I need to change it to fit the wider bullnose frame. I’m just worried the bumper will cover the license plate using the correct bracket.

Hi Ron - can you confirm that you've received my email? Thanks!

Yep,

Ill sent the bracket to Gary.

And Gary will set it aside with the stash for Darin. And, I'll watch for whatever Dave decides is the way to affix them to the truck.

Darin - Does your truck have holes already to attach the bracket? If so, does it have nutserts in the holes? If so, what thread pitch?

Dave - Why didn't your truck have the holes already drilled?