Bullnose Forums

Dies under load

I'm just saying you know the transistor in the module is getting way too hot if it melted the potting out.

I'm not sure that it would have failed at that point, but it is definitely above proper service temperature.

On the 12th when I asked the question, I had been messing with the truck most of the morning. Killing the battery by repeatedly restarting.

I have no idea of how old the coil is, the pickup inside the distributor was replaced 3 years ago, and the plug wires cap and rotor last year. Looking at the DSII I could not see anything running out of it. I did wiggle the wires all the way from the DS to the distributor. There was no change. I had not thought of a resistor but I will check it out. I have a new timing chain and water pump setting in the garage, just have higher priorities,

I ordered a new coil just because. Hopefully I will be able to get back to it today. Weather is supposed to be good.

On the 12th when I asked the question, I had been messing with the truck most of the morning. Killing the battery by repeatedly restarting.

I have no idea of how old the coil is, the pickup inside the distributor was replaced 3 years ago, and the plug wires cap and rotor last year. Looking at the DSII I could not see anything running out of it. I did wiggle the wires all the way from the DS to the distributor. There was no change. I had not thought of a resistor but I will check it out. I have a new timing chain and water pump setting in the garage, just have higher priorities,

I ordered a new coil just because. Hopefully I will be able to get back to it today. Weather is supposed to be good.

New coil arrived today, put it on made no difference. So pulled the top off the carburetor. Float bowl was dry, I pulled the float and needle valve out. There was a piece of Teflon tape stuck around the needle valve. Turn the motor over a few times and more pumped out. Put the carburetor back together and it runs like it’s supposed to.

Anyway it has a new fuel filter, new coil, DSII, and tach. Hopefully nothing else goes wrong for a while. We’re getting ready to start planting so I will not have time for a while.

But as of this afternoon it’s good.

Thanks for the help.

New coil arrived today, put it on made no difference. So pulled the top off the carburetor. Float bowl was dry, I pulled the float and needle valve out. There was a piece of Teflon tape stuck around the needle valve. Turn the motor over a few times and more pumped out. Put the carburetor back together and it runs like it’s supposed to.

Anyway it has a new fuel filter, new coil, DSII, and tach. Hopefully nothing else goes wrong for a while. We’re getting ready to start planting so I will not have time for a while.

Thanks for the help.

:nabble_smiley_argh:. Tef tape has no place in a fuel system.

Everything should be flare fittings, except the fuel filter to carb, and that gets a sealing washer.

Wow! I'm glad you found it. :nabble_smiley_good:

That trouble is over, but unfortunately something else will come along.

Thanks for the help.

Well, you've solved one problem and probably prevented several other. :nabble_anim_claps: