Bullnose Forums

How to reattach exterior trim?

20210410_145140.jpg.5493a898109059e95445d4aaad46c08c.jpg

I have the black rubber piece that fits over the chrome. I see slots on each end but does it need anything more than an adhesive?

I have to scrounge around in my box of glues to see what I have, but does anyone have suggestions?

Hope everyones enjoying the weekend. The weather turned really nice over the past week out here and Im making the most of it.

:nabble_smiley_happy:

Some have those slots, some don't. I assume it's a year thing but I also thought on the ones with them the black piece has some tabs that went into them - does that not look to be the case on your black piece? Just curious.

Either way, adhesive is the solution.

Unless you want to go the sheet metal screw route :nabble_smiley_wink:

A contact cement like 3M trim and weatherstrip adhesive (gorilla snot) would be my 2nd choice, after a thickened epoxy like G-flex 655 or the Six10 that comes in a caulking tube.

All of these are formulated for a flexible weatherproof bond.

Cleanliness is a must and some abrasion on the back of the strip will help.

Like sand with 60 or 80 grit and wipe with alcohol until the paper towel comes away clean.

A contact cement like 3M trim and weatherstrip adhesive (gorilla snot) would be my 2nd choice, after a thickened epoxy like G-flex 655 or the Six10 that comes in a caulking tube.

All of these are formulated for a flexible weatherproof bond.

Cleanliness is a must and some abrasion on the back of the strip will help.

Like sand with 60 or 80 grit and wipe with alcohol until the paper towel comes away clean.

Ok, Ill pick up some trim adhesive. I figured there was a specific product for this job. Thanks for the tip.

The chrome does have slots in it, 2 on each end, but theres nothing that matches up on the rubber. Hence the confusion...