Bullnose Forums

New Member From Colorado, Howdy Everyone

Ranchman

I have a Silver and Blue 1986 F250 XL. It has a 460 and T19 manual transmission.

My Dad bought the truck new and Mom named it Big Blue. It changed to Ol' Blue over the years. Sometime in the 90's Dad bought a new truck. Since I was always barrowing Ol' Blue he gave it to me.

I ran Ol' Blue mostly trouble free until 2017 when it started back firing and it lost power. At that time I was convinced a carburetor rebuild would fix it. So I rebuilt the carburetor. The rebuild didn't help, it made it worse. So I parked the truck. Once or twice a year I would work on it, then get frustrated and walk away.

This spring I'm determined to get it back on the road. I've spent a lot of time on the internet researching the problems these trucks have. That's how I found this fantastic place with it's staggering amount of information. So far, I found out that the carb kit I originally used was the wrong one. I got the right one for the 4180C. I rebuilt the carburetor and now have a running truck, but with problems. I will be asking for help on the main forum about them.

I look forward to sharing on the forum,

Jeff

OL_Blue.jpg.65e93529da04b13331157d81147f6a11.jpg

Jeff - Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

What part of CO? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member’s Map in the menu and could add you if we knew a city or zip.

Nice truck! And that’s a great story, been in the family since new. Not many can say that. :nabble_smiley_good:

What part of CO? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member’s Map in the menu and could add you if we knew a city or zip.

Nice truck! And that’s a great story, been in the family since new. Not many can say that. :nabble_smiley_good:

Welcome aboard!

Gary,

Zip is 80513

Welcome Jeff! :nabble_waving_orig:

Your plastic cam gear has lost its teeth and the timing chain has jumped.

We don't see many trucks with toppers and white wagon wheels anymore.

Ol' Blue really is a time capsule. :nabble_smiley_cool:

Thank you Jim,

I started down that trail of a jumped tooth. Then I found a guy on a forum helping somebody track down a fuel problem. And a light went off and I hooked up a pressure gage. Things got better after that. I'm going to start a tread in the main forum with my findings. I could use some help. By the way the guy doing the helping was you. He had the same handle anyway.

Jeff

Thank you Jim,

I started down that trail of a jumped tooth. Then I found a guy on a forum helping somebody track down a fuel problem. And a light went off and I hooked up a pressure gage. Things got better after that. I'm going to start a tread in the main forum with my findings. I could use some help. By the way the guy doing the helping was you. He had the same handle anyway.

Jeff

Welcome to the forum. I like the original look.

That's cool you have your Dad's truck. I imagine he'll be happy to see it up and running. You're in the right place here for getting Ol' Blue going again....lots of willing and knowledgeable individuals here ready to help. Good to have you with us, Jeff.