Bullnose Forums

Another round of projects.

IDIBronco

Before you get more of us Flare Side owners on you, step side is a Chevy thing LOL

Noted.

I remember Ford having flareside designation on the f150 later, but for some reason I remember on my ranger them using the phrase "stepside styling", however that is from a good time ago.

I have much more ranger truck background. (Maybe 7 of them) probably where the issue arrises is my 98 with the "Splash" style bed has been around about the longest and has been always refered to as "The Stepside". I will try to follow standard convention from here forward.

After finding and pricing the pieces and considering the amount of work to modify/make a "stock" FLARESIDE bed, I am about 100% sure I will be going with a custom built. Get to use the new welding setup and will just build what I want. I like the flareside look, but I don't know that it is worth the effort to use stock stuff.

I have been slowly going through the back of storage boxes, looking through the top of shelves, checking rafters... trying to gauge what I have on hand to work with. Considering how much of a low dollar budget the project needs to be I may have to dig deep into my parts treasure trove and, like usual, probably not follow the normal route.

Not a big deal on the flare side / step side thing :nabble_smiley_evil:

Yea the little splash trucks had a flare side bed but they mat have called it a step side I dont know as I was never into them but know of them.

On the bed I think a custom bed would be the way to go.

With the truck cab on the Bronco frame how much frame is left for a bed?

I dont know if even a style side bed cut down would even fit right?

Dave ----

Not a big deal on the flare side / step side thing :nabble_smiley_evil:

Yea the little splash trucks had a flare side bed but they mat have called it a step side I dont know as I was never into them but know of them.

On the bed I think a custom bed would be the way to go.

With the truck cab on the Bronco frame how much frame is left for a bed?

I dont know if even a style side bed cut down would even fit right?

Dave ----

12.jpg.ee4a6ba18dc55dad5c3c73d81a00ea8d.jpg

Someone else has done it before.