Bullnose Forums

Walter is done.... For the moment

Went out this morning. Walter had a flat tire. They are bad anyway so today I bought new tires. Also had to get brake pads after that and come home to install them. I'm kinda tired of working on this thing. Ready to do something else for a few days.

Looking good! The tires will not only improve the looks but also the handling. :nabble_smiley_good:

Looking good! The tires will not only improve the looks but also the handling. :nabble_smiley_good:

It is better, but it has really drained me, financially, physically, and rebooting at this point. I worked really hard to get it"done"and was going to rest a bit. Truck keeps demanding more attention. I may ignore it for a few days.

I'm happy that I have tires that I'm not afraid will explode. So that's good. And I have new front brakes, so I'm just a touch safer.

Just tried of messing with it right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the compliments. I might try to buff the paint, but it's bad. All over. I can see the DA sanding swirls in places. Not sure if they used spray bombs or what. It was a nice two tone originally, from what I see on the back of the doors. Like image below. But if I go to buffing, I may buff through this paint and into something below. That could be an interesting patina job maybe. Now that I have the inside done, I can think on next steps.

As for AC, I saw those door replacement posts. Ugh. Dang it. I just want to get it to blow air if possible. And if not, maybe just AC air through defroster vents... I hate dismantling the truck.

Original color I think, but this is long bed.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n93427/1981-ford-f150-ranger-explorer-11k-original-miles-stunning-like-new-survivor-1.jpg

My wife has a 202 Hyundai Santa Fe in "stormy sea" blue - that would be real similar to the upper color and might look nice someday

I wish my truck looked like that picture! I think that is my color too but mine is very worn and rusted.

Thanks for the compliments. I might try to buff the paint, but it's bad. All over. I can see the DA sanding swirls in places. Not sure if they used spray bombs or what. It was a nice two tone originally, from what I see on the back of the doors. Like image below. But if I go to buffing, I may buff through this paint and into something below. That could be an interesting patina job maybe. Now that I have the inside done, I can think on next steps.

As for AC, I saw those door replacement posts. Ugh. Dang it. I just want to get it to blow air if possible. And if not, maybe just AC air through defroster vents... I hate dismantling the truck.

Original color I think, but this is long bed.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n93427/1981-ford-f150-ranger-explorer-11k-original-miles-stunning-like-new-survivor-1.jpg

My wife has a 202 Hyundai Santa Fe in "stormy sea" blue - that would be real similar to the upper color and might look nice someday

I wish my truck looked like that picture! I think that is my color too but mine is very worn and rusted.

I'm pretty sure this is what yours looked like originally as well. Here's the link to all the photos of that restored truck. It was listed at $25900 and is sold. Pics may disappear?

https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1246197/1981-ford-f150-for-sale-in-north-royalton-ohio-44133

Photos - I havae taillight lenses ordered - waiting...

Your interior looks great! I wish mine looked half as good.

Just takes time and money. Wife says the truck is becoming a money pit... BUt it will be a reasonably good looking money pit.

Just takes time and money. Wife says the truck is becoming a money pit... BUt it will be a reasonably good looking money pit.

My wife said the same thing about my $800 take the trash to the dump truck when I started to do some work to it.

Well a few days after I got it home I pulled it all apart as in a cab off frame rebuild!

Then it was a real MONEY PIT!

8020Left20Rear001.jpg.a69a3543abd1cb808d3f4ff4f0ed2bd5.jpg

8020Inside001.jpg.e3d6fe0cfb4711fc8df04eeb334b228f.jpg

It was not till almost 4 years later when I got paint on the truck that she then started to like it a little LOL

20200227_161133.jpg.7d27958f025664d49c2528fe62b6c7e8.jpg

20200627_165634.jpg.8bec4cccf9e52a8dad5771fefb7f8639.jpg

I am afraid to go through all the paid bills I have in a bag to see just what I got into it.

I do love driving it over my 02 Durango 95% of the time.

Dave ----

My wife said the same thing about my $800 take the trash to the dump truck when I started to do some work to it.

Well a few days after I got it home I pulled it all apart as in a cab off frame rebuild!

Then it was a real MONEY PIT!

It was not till almost 4 years later when I got paint on the truck that she then started to like it a little LOL

I am afraid to go through all the paid bills I have in a bag to see just what I got into it.

I do love driving it over my 02 Durango 95% of the time.

Dave ----

That's a beauty! Someday. Today I had to do the rear brakes. Thought it would be easy. I used to my 71 dart all for drums in about 3 hours. Took me about 9 hours to do these two.

I have NEVER seen drums so awful. Rusty, junky. But they better now. Still need to bleed a little more. The truck, not me. I did my share today

IMG_20210417_170557162.jpg.b51f490c08d740ea5aa15c3c43fac63f.jpg

That's a beauty! Someday. Today I had to do the rear brakes. Thought it would be easy. I used to my 71 dart all for drums in about 3 hours. Took me about 9 hours to do these two.

I have NEVER seen drums so awful. Rusty, junky. But they better now. Still need to bleed a little more. The truck, not me. I did my share today

So what if it took a little longer than you think it should as long as it was done right.

That looks good, nice job.

when I wen to look at my truck before buying it 1 side of the master was empty!

When I got to the rear brakes they were missing springs, leaking wheel cly. and ebrake cable were either frozen or broken, it was a mess.

Dave ----

So what if it took a little longer than you think it should as long as it was done right.

That looks good, nice job.

when I wen to look at my truck before buying it 1 side of the master was empty!

When I got to the rear brakes they were missing springs, leaking wheel cly. and ebrake cable were either frozen or broken, it was a mess.

Dave ----

The problem work it taking so long is we had other things planned today, that's all. And tomorrow is busy. Truck was dismantled under carport where we park the other cars. Would been Monday before I got back to it and my mind would have been off subject. That's my issue. Be different if I had a garage to work in, maybe

So it bugged the heck out of me.

I'm not sure how or if the brakes were working. I guess they were some because it would have some randomness to it. Parking brake was working.

I tried to restore and paint and grease everything so it will be better from now on.