Bullnose Forums

Walter is done.... For the moment

Weatherstripping, headliner, carpet dash cover, hubcaps, speakers. The factory radio works! I have new taillights ordered. But I am done for a little bit. Vacuumed out the floors and doors yesterday.

I'll try got some photos today while the sun is out.

Looking good! And I agree, installing those things is fun.

Thanks. I think I overloaded myself - I'm tried of working on it every night! So it's done for the moment. BUt......

I'm going to post my next inquiry after I do some searching - AC vents not blowing, even on vent position. That's the next project - see if I can get AC working. I'm looking at HVAC section here and looking on the net. Would appear to be a vacuum issue for that set of doors - floor and defrost work correctly. Just no air thru panel vents.

Thanks. I think I overloaded myself - I'm tried of working on it every night! So it's done for the moment. BUt......

I'm going to post my next inquiry after I do some searching - AC vents not blowing, even on vent position. That's the next project - see if I can get AC working. I'm looking at HVAC section here and looking on the net. Would appear to be a vacuum issue for that set of doors - floor and defrost work correctly. Just no air thru panel vents.

On the dash vents try putting the control on max AC and see if you get anything then.

I have to put it to AC first before anything will come out the vents on the dash.

Dave. ----

On the dash vents try putting the control on max AC and see if you get anything then.

I have to put it to AC first before anything will come out the vents on the dash.

Dave. ----

Will try. Also going looking for a white or beige vacuum line under hood, from what I've read. IT looks like some of hte vac lines are plugged or non existent. THe garage that did the engine work went to the truoble of putting the AC system back in and even a new belt so I like to think they had designs on it actually working someday. PO said it wasn't charged. I thought about getting a can of AC pro to see if that helps, gets enough in there to get hte compressor to start kicking in?. Realistically, I could probably live with AC air from defore vents as small as the cab is.

I haven't done anything under hood other than look around and replace dist cap and brake booster. Time to start exploring more.

My HVAC controls feel very rubbery and there is not defined position for anything, but I can get floor or defrost. I know now that defrost is no vac and engages compressor. I can hear the controls hissing as it changes position, so that is supposed to happen according to something I read. No continual hissing.

I need to start a separate post on the HVAC, but I want to search first - make sure I'm not going over something already discussed.

Will try. Also going looking for a white or beige vacuum line under hood, from what I've read. IT looks like some of hte vac lines are plugged or non existent. THe garage that did the engine work went to the truoble of putting the AC system back in and even a new belt so I like to think they had designs on it actually working someday. PO said it wasn't charged. I thought about getting a can of AC pro to see if that helps, gets enough in there to get hte compressor to start kicking in?. Realistically, I could probably live with AC air from defore vents as small as the cab is.

I haven't done anything under hood other than look around and replace dist cap and brake booster. Time to start exploring more.

My HVAC controls feel very rubbery and there is not defined position for anything, but I can get floor or defrost. I know now that defrost is no vac and engages compressor. I can hear the controls hissing as it changes position, so that is supposed to happen according to something I read. No continual hissing.

I need to start a separate post on the HVAC, but I want to search first - make sure I'm not going over something already discussed.

That's a good looking truck, Randy. I'm wondering if that paint might buff out?

Regarding the HVAC, be prepared to replace the blend door. It's not a matter of whether it will go or not, but when. Lots of info here on that.

That's a good looking truck, Randy. I'm wondering if that paint might buff out?

Regarding the HVAC, be prepared to replace the blend door. It's not a matter of whether it will go or not, but when. Lots of info here on that.

Thanks for the compliments. I might try to buff the paint, but it's bad. All over. I can see the DA sanding swirls in places. Not sure if they used spray bombs or what. It was a nice two tone originally, from what I see on the back of the doors. Like image below. But if I go to buffing, I may buff through this paint and into something below. That could be an interesting patina job maybe. Now that I have the inside done, I can think on next steps.

As for AC, I saw those door replacement posts. Ugh. Dang it. I just want to get it to blow air if possible. And if not, maybe just AC air through defroster vents... I hate dismantling the truck.

Original color I think, but this is long bed.

1981-ford-f150-ranger-explorer-11k-original-miles-stunning-like-new-survivor-1.jpg.106bc97a3e1be91dfa037dfab034415b.jpg

My wife has a 202 Hyundai Santa Fe in "stormy sea" blue - that would be real similar to the upper color and might look nice someday

Thanks for the compliments. I might try to buff the paint, but it's bad. All over. I can see the DA sanding swirls in places. Not sure if they used spray bombs or what. It was a nice two tone originally, from what I see on the back of the doors. Like image below. But if I go to buffing, I may buff through this paint and into something below. That could be an interesting patina job maybe. Now that I have the inside done, I can think on next steps.

As for AC, I saw those door replacement posts. Ugh. Dang it. I just want to get it to blow air if possible. And if not, maybe just AC air through defroster vents... I hate dismantling the truck.

Original color I think, but this is long bed.

My wife has a 202 Hyundai Santa Fe in "stormy sea" blue - that would be real similar to the upper color and might look nice someday

Went out this morning. Walter had a flat tire. They are bad anyway so today I bought new tires. Also had to get brake pads after that and come home to install them. I'm kinda tired of working on this thing. Ready to do something else for a few days.

IMG_20210407_181019775_HDR.jpg.79375c38dcd826d521b77c3946a38ae4.jpg

IMG_20210407_181027604.jpg.ba4f2f727f091ef6fa09b3a57bd39b14.jpg