Bullnose Forums

ZF 5 diagrams from F250/F350

Ideally I’d like the explosions that include the flywheel and everything inside the bell housing for an F250 with a ZF 5, Gary.

Chad - The MPC says that P-20770 is the right illustration for several transmissions, inc the ZF5 as it was the one used in the 1988 and later F350s, as shown below.

Clutch__Pressure_Plate_Applications.thumb.jpg.217d25511ead65b127291f5b73b9c913.jpg

And here's P-20770, which says "under 8500# GVW", which isn't correct for an F350. So I'm thinking it is right, and will add it to the ZF5 page.

Clutch__Pressure_Plate_Illustration.thumb.jpg.c759801c58379a78105db98abcd07721.jpg

Chad - The MPC says that P-20770 is the right illustration for several transmissions, inc the ZF5 as it was the one used in the 1988 and later F350s, as shown below.

And here's P-20770, which says "under 8500# GVW", which isn't correct for an F350. So I'm thinking it is right, and will add it to the ZF5 page.

Thanks, Gary. This is the type of diagram I'm looking for, except I need the one for the 460 with the external slave cylinder. Got that one?

Sorry, somehow I thought you had a 351W. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Exactly what I was looking for, Gary. Thanks.

Quick follow up questions: I see that there is a lower bell housing piece that is marked "diesel only" (7007 on the diagram). The 460 has the same shape bell housing with the opening at the bottom so is there supposed to be one for the 460? Also, it shows what appears to be a spacer (6397 on the far left of the diagram); what is that and do you know how many I need?

Thanks

Sorry, somehow I thought you had a 351W. :nabble_smiley_blush:

This is why I said the sleeve makes no sense, above^^^

If it fits Bronco, 150 & 250 it's got to be for the Windsor bell Zf, and not for 460 or Diesel....

Sorry Chad, when you said you didn't want an exploded view, I thought you had it figured out.

Exactly what I was looking for, Gary. Thanks.

Quick follow up questions: I see that there is a lower bell housing piece that is marked "diesel only" (7007 on the diagram). The 460 has the same shape bell housing with the opening at the bottom so is there supposed to be one for the 460? Also, it shows what appears to be a spacer (6397 on the far left of the diagram); what is that and do you know how many I need?

Thanks

The lower piece on the 460 is part of the engine plate. So maybe the one on the diesel is separate?

And 6397 is a locating pin. It goes into a hole in the engine and locates the transmission. And I think there are two of them, one on each side. However, I believe they are the same for all transmissions.

The lower piece on the 460 is part of the engine plate. So maybe the one on the diesel is separate?

And 6397 is a locating pin. It goes into a hole in the engine and locates the transmission. And I think there are two of them, one on each side. However, I believe they are the same for all transmissions.

Yes, the inspection plate is only relevant to diesels, and there are two locating dowels.