Bullnose Forums

Rear bumper

IMG_20210402_1450122.thumb.jpg.d38cfe5c0ec86e42d0365786b92faabe.jpg

Just received this brand new bumper.

Was marked down to a extreme discount. $75.00 including tax and shipping. Just got to fab up some brackets and now I'll ditch the heavy steel step bumper for something that matches the front bumper

That's the look I'm after. Just started cutting and welding the step bumper brackets to hang the new bright work. How did you mount yours?

I made mine from scratch. The old diamond tread bumper with welded on brackets and wasnt worth messing with. I used a piece of 4" .250 plate to bolt to the frame and then welded that to the pieces that I made to bolt to the bumper itself. I still need to fab up the pieces to go to the outside bolts.

I made mine from scratch. The old diamond tread bumper with welded on brackets and wasnt worth messing with. I used a piece of 4" .250 plate to bolt to the frame and then welded that to the pieces that I made to bolt to the bumper itself. I still need to fab up the pieces to go to the outside bolts.

Good deal, I think the outside bolt holes are just gonna hold some bumper bolts for now. The brackets I made for the four inner bolt holes are pretty solid.

That looks great, Brian! :nabble_smiley_good:

Edit: I'm a little envious that you have a tall bay door and a loft.

Thanks Jim, it was easier than expected to cut up and fab the step brackets to work.

I run a plumbing business so my shop comes in handy. Especially with all the rain over the weekend.