Bullnose Forums

Gauge pods

Hi all, I am wanting to install gauge pods, later on in the future, on the A pillar but I want something that looks good and is made of good quality plastic. If anyone has pictures to share and also a place where to find some would greatly be appreciated.

Also on a side note, I need help figuring out the cooling system... long story short, the 6.9 idi was blown in my truck when I got it so I swapped in a 7.3 idi. This motor does not like to stay cool what so ever. Average temp range for this truck is around 225-230 and with the summer months coming in California it’s not going to get better. It has a fan shroud, brand new motor craft rt1049 tstat, full of coolant, the radiator isn’t bad as far as fins, and I locked up the fan clutch with a self tapping screw to get me by until I buy a new one but this truck does like to go below 225. Any advice? I’d like to get it down to 190. I’d settle for 205 but I’m trying to make this truck last me.

I cant help on the cooling issue other than you sure there is not something bad with that motor to start with? I ask because when I had a GM diesel I could not get heat into the motor unless I drove it and had a load on it. Just to sit and idle it would not get hot even with the radiator covered in the winter.

On the pillar gauge pod I don't think you will find anything that will bolt in.

What you will need to do is find a pod that "may work" and fiber glass it to your trim.

OR

Take your trim and find small cans the gauges will fit into, single gauge pods, and hot glue them to your trim then take fleece blanket to put over them and use glass rosin to glass everything in place.

If you look on Youtube you should be able to find how this it done.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=diy+pillar+gauge+pod+

Dave ----

I cant help on the cooling issue other than you sure there is not something bad with that motor to start with? I ask because when I had a GM diesel I could not get heat into the motor unless I drove it and had a load on it. Just to sit and idle it would not get hot even with the radiator covered in the winter.

On the pillar gauge pod I don't think you will find anything that will bolt in.

What you will need to do is find a pod that "may work" and fiber glass it to your trim.

OR

Take your trim and find small cans the gauges will fit into, single gauge pods, and hot glue them to your trim then take fleece blanket to put over them and use glass rosin to glass everything in place.

If you look on Youtube you should be able to find how this it done.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=diy+pillar+gauge+pod+

Dave ----

Dave is correct on the pods. They are available for later years but not for ours. Others have taken the later years and grafted them together with our A pillar trim.

Would also be a fun 3D printing project :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Dave is correct on the pods. They are available for later years but not for ours. Others have taken the later years and grafted them together with our A pillar trim.

Would also be a fun 3D printing project :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Keep us updated on the gauges. I asked a similar question earlier to see how other people have their gauges/dashes set up, so you should be able to find the thread if you dig a couple weeks back