Bullnose Forums

Flare side & Style side fuel filler door assy.

Can you post a better picture of the flare side door? That style might just be perfect for the front fuel door on my Centurion. I converted from the 87-97 style to the 80-86 style when I put my quarters on, and I forgot to test fit the older door, and it won't work.

What better picture do you want?

Both of my flare side doors are installed on the fender / truck but once I know what you are looking for picture wise I will see what I can do.

Dave ----

I guess I am wondering what is the spacing between the mounting holes on the Flare side door?

Is the plastic box smaller than the Styleside one?

Your Flare side door looks like it has the 87-97 style hinge, which is what I need for my centurion. I don't have all my fuel doors at school with me right now, which makes it kind of hard to explain my problem.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I am wondering what is the spacing between the mounting holes on the Flare side door?

Your Flare side door looks like it has the 87-97 style hinge, which is what I need for my centurion. I don't have all my fuel doors at school with me right now, which makes it kind of hard to explain my problem.

At some point I'd like to get pics of the different doors, including the later Flareside one, to add to the web page.

I listed them in my first post.

The only measurements I did not get and can is from the door bolts to the other 2 bolts holding the plastic box to the inside of the panels.

I will tell you the holes are a lot larger than the screws so you can adjust the door to fit the opening.

BTW the flare side door is the brown one the silver one style side.

Dave - - - -

• 3 weeks later...

At some point I'd like to get pics of the different doors, including the later Flareside one, to add to the web page.

I will get better pictures of what I have.

Dave - - - -

By the way, my new LMC catalog was in the mail yesterday, and I see there are now Bullnose fuel doors available...and I don't remember seeing them in previous catalogs.

The Flareside door is something like $130, and the Styleside door is $50.

By the way, my new LMC catalog was in the mail yesterday, and I see there are now Bullnose fuel doors available...and I don't remember seeing them in previous catalogs.

The Flareside door is something like $130, and the Styleside door is $50.

I was thinking about 2 weeks ago I cleaned up the scrap metal pile and got rid of the style side bed side panel by mistake that had the 2 gas doors openings before I cut the openings from it.

So all I have are the 2 doors and the black plastic boxes the neck pokes thru.

With that said I don't know what pictures other than what I posted above I can get or who is needed.

Gary, what is it you would like me to get pictures of between the doors?

The 2 flare side doors are bolted to the fender as mock up so would et the pictures when I take it all apart for painting.

Dave ----

I was thinking about 2 weeks ago I cleaned up the scrap metal pile and got rid of the style side bed side panel by mistake that had the 2 gas doors openings before I cut the openings from it.

So all I have are the 2 doors and the black plastic boxes the neck pokes thru.

With that said I don't know what pictures other than what I posted above I can get or who is needed.

Gary, what is it you would like me to get pictures of between the doors?

The 2 flare side doors are bolted to the fender as mock up so would et the pictures when I take it all apart for painting.

Dave ----

I think those pics and dimensions are probably enough. Thanks.

• 3 years later...

- deleted -

Welcome to the forum! You probably missed the email I sent you asking you to go to the New Members Start Here folder, read the guidelines, and then start a new thread in that folder introducing yourself and your truck.

Don't worry, half the people miss that email. But it is important that you have a chance to read the guidelines as we hold people to them. So at least assure me that you've read them?

Welcome to the forum! You probably missed the email I sent you asking you to go to the New Members Start Here folder, read the guidelines, and then start a new thread in that folder introducing yourself and your truck.

Don't worry, half the people miss that email. But it is important that you have a chance to read the guidelines as we hold people to them. So at least assure me that you've read them?

Completely missed... I apologize.

I’ll read at it, and see how it works to post my question, so maybe some Bullnose Geeks will explain me the fuel door mystery.

Best regards!