Bullnose Forums

New Member - Thanks for having me!

tommyg

Good Evening,

I joined last night and eagerly started posting before I saw Gary's 'New Member' email instructions so I'm here to make good on my end of the deal. I bought this truck last summer, was randomly just cruising on Craigslist and saw it posted for $1200. A local kid had bought it as a project and quickly realized he was in over his head, so he was offering it for the same price he paid. I couldn't resist, seeing that truck instantly brought back childhood memories of riding around with my grandfather in his various late 70s to mid 90s Ford trucks over the years. I'm now realizing that I might be in just a little deeper than I expected because this truck was born the same year I was, so most of my car/truck education has taken place without the presence of carburetors and (seemingly) ridiculous vacuum systems. It's been a learning curve for sure, and I think I've finally found the right place to ask questions. Thanks in advance, you'll definitely be seeing me.

1986 F-250 4X4

4.9L 300

4 speed manual

Long Bed Styleside

Here she is current state.

IMG_2370.jpeg.0e82a3b0e39022184ef8118a35ca4fdc.jpeg

And here is a video of the maiden voyage around the block:

Let the good times roll!

-Tom G

Welcome, Tom! Glad you joined.

Did I ask if you want to be on our map? It is at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu, and we can add you with a city/state or zip.

Good looking truck. Looks a lot like Big Blue's stance, but I think you have bigger tires. Are those 35"?

I think you are going to like that engine. It is a great truck engine, and if I didn't expect to tow vehicles with Big Blue it would probably be a good one for him. Great low end torque and better MPG than about anything else you can put in one of these trucks.

Welcome, Tom! Glad you joined.

Did I ask if you want to be on our map? It is at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu, and we can add you with a city/state or zip.

Good looking truck. Looks a lot like Big Blue's stance, but I think you have bigger tires. Are those 35"?

I think you are going to like that engine. It is a great truck engine, and if I didn't expect to tow vehicles with Big Blue it would probably be a good one for him. Great low end torque and better MPG than about anything else you can put in one of these trucks.

I'd be happy to be on the map. I might be your first Rhode Islander. I'm in Riverside, RI 02915.

Yes, they are 35". Got the wheel and tire package on Custom Offsets. The tires on it when I bought it were so cracked and dry rotted that I didn't really feel safe poking my head under the truck sitting on those. I splurged a little, but they look pretty sweet in my opinion. And I won't ever be going that fast, so not worried about road noise with the ridiculously huge treads.

I'd be happy to be on the map. I might be your first Rhode Islander. I'm in Riverside, RI 02915.

Yes, they are 35". Got the wheel and tire package on Custom Offsets. The tires on it when I bought it were so cracked and dry rotted that I didn't really feel safe poking my head under the truck sitting on those. I splurged a little, but they look pretty sweet in my opinion. And I won't ever be going that fast, so not worried about road noise with the ridiculously huge treads.

I'm not familiar with east Providence, but it's great to have a Rhode Island member! :nabble_anim_handshake:

I'm not familiar with east Providence

Not many are. I'd never heard of it until I moved here. Grew up in the sticks in central Maine, but I've been here for 13 years now, so I suppose I'm officially a Rhode Islander!