Bullnose Forums

460 Non EEC Distributor

Ok, I saw that smaller GM system the other day as I was looking into a 1992 S10. And then wondered if GM put that Vortec 4.3 in the 1996 and later S10’s. Which they did. That ought to be a nice little pick up.

If I did go HEI I figured I’d use a continuous duty solenoid to power it.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/smp-ss608?seid=srese1&gclid=CjwKCAjwu5CDBhB9EiwA0w6sLTnieJUaUiMqBI2_22p_uqUjJLWlEYghOeBRovlI8uQa8zr4IaqsKhoCz1IQAvD_BwE

As I said I’m really hoping this stator works because I like the Duraspark II.

I did go ahead and drive it this evening. Running real good. Got my drill press!

Edit: one other thing I’m concerned about is the size of an HEI, I will be using my stock air cleaner.

The new Stator Assembly from Ford.

D81C4EC4-B0A4-4F7C-A393-2C6975B0050D.thumb.jpeg.b6f770facc70f077deae3a3512c9d9ba.jpeg

Put it in, started right up and running great! Checked timing and enjoyed a drive.

Did discover in all this that the distributor was off a tooth, much calmer now.

I would recommend a Ford part.

I’m second guessing myself on the other stators I tried after the first one because I found an alligator test lead was giving me trouble. But I don’t think I took the leads with me.

So, the assembly from Ford Parts Giant is great! And I found an Emissions and Diagnostic manual for 1986 on eBay.

The new Stator Assembly from Ford.

Put it in, started right up and running great! Checked timing and enjoyed a drive.

Did discover in all this that the distributor was off a tooth, much calmer now.

I would recommend a Ford part.

I’m second guessing myself on the other stators I tried after the first one because I found an alligator test lead was giving me trouble. But I don’t think I took the leads with me.

So, the assembly from Ford Parts Giant is great! And I found an Emissions and Diagnostic manual for 1986 on eBay.

Can you post a link, part number and price?

Thanks Dane! :nabble_anim_handshake:

That could be real helpful to someone in the future.

After driving it cold I found it was hesitating on acceleration. Not too bad after it warmed up.

Went to check the vacuum advance and there wasn’t any! Got a vacuum advance can ordered and it came in today.

Much better, advanced the timing a little more and it’s performing well.

After driving it cold I found it was hesitating on acceleration. Not too bad after it warmed up.

Went to check the vacuum advance and there wasn’t any! Got a vacuum advance can ordered and it came in today.

Much better, advanced the timing a little more and it’s performing well.

Did you go with the stock Motorcraft advance?

Or did you get the adjustable Crane Cams advance unit?

• 3 weeks later...

That's good to know.

I use the Echlin DSII module, but ordered the Crane advance because it was a known thing

Update, I put the jets my Holley came with back in, 66’s, I put 64’s in it before I installed it for the elevation I’m at.

I like it much better so far. Just seemed too lean.