Bullnose Forums

Tail Gate Lettering

Does anyone know the dimensions/pattern of the letters on the tail gate? I've always wanted white FORD on the tailgate as opposed to the original faded red. I saw on eBay that someone was selling NOS letter transfer kit but it was in black. I have access to a few different vinyl cutters/vinyl cutting companies that could hopefully fabricate for me.

Obvoiusly...there's the other solution...go out to the truck and measure! But I'm at work at the moment and thought of this now.

Cheers y'all.

You can get white as well on ebay.

Watch out for "NOS" letters.

IF they are real NOS from the 80's then pretty good they will not be any good.

Over the years with heat and all the glue goes thru the paper so when you try and peel the paper will not come off or it pulls the glue with the paper.

Now if they are new and fit like NOS then you should be good to go.

Or you could get the NOS and use them as a pattern for the local shop to use to make a set for you.

I will be painting my truck shortly and would also like white letters. I have to paint white down the sides and thinking of painting the letters then taping off and painting the red the rest of the truck will be Or get peel n stick letters?

Dave ----

Over the years with heat and all the glue goes thru the paper so when you try and peel the paper will not come off or it pulls the glue with the paper.

Or you could get the NOS and use them as a pattern for the local shop to use to make a set for you.

I will be painting my truck shortly and would also like white letters. I have to paint white down the sides and thinking of painting the letters then taping off and painting the red the rest of the truck will be Or get peel n stick letters?

Dave ----

I've never looked for the Styleside tailgate letters, but the Flareside gate letters are on Ebay and you can choose the color you want. The seller likely makes them for other models as well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TR102-1980-86-FORD-STEPSIDE-FLAIRSIDE-TAILGATE-LETTERS-F100-F150-F250/291414322034?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=590516188716&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I've never looked for the Styleside tailgate letters, but the Flareside gate letters are on Ebay and you can choose the color you want. The seller likely makes them for other models as well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TR102-1980-86-FORD-STEPSIDE-FLAIRSIDE-TAILGATE-LETTERS-F100-F150-F250/291414322034?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=590516188716&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I have not looked for them either and I would never thought the style & flare sides used different type letters :nabble_anim_confused:

Dave ----

I have not looked for them either and I would never thought the style & flare sides used different type letters :nabble_anim_confused:

Dave ----

Yeah, Styleside has different lettering on the gate, but the same Ebay seller has them with 8 or so color choices.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TR101-1980-86-FORD-TRUCK-STYLESIDE-TAILGATE-LETTERS-DECAL-F150-F250-F350/291414317897?var=590516186683&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D50543%26meid%3D787d4f334b5645748bd230aeed997c2a%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D291414322034%26itm%3D590516186683&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

I bought the ones that rembrant mentioned above but I have had them sent a friends home in the States so I will pick them up when I'm over there in September.

I bought the ones that rembrant mentioned above but I have had them sent a friends home in the States so I will pick them up when I'm over there in September.

I learned something new on the letters.

Guess it figures as the style side gate is bigger so larger letters.

Before I got the tail gate I have I was looking to buy (when I had the money) a replacement that was flat across the back and have the old school FORD scrip decal made to put on it but that all changed now.

Dave ----

Dave ----

My only thought with get the NOS stickers was that they would be OEM sizing and perfect for patterning off of. Absolutely agree on the mixed bag of results they may present after long term storage.