Bullnose Forums

Wheel Thoughts

After seeing the silver/grey truck Corey posted above and noting the comments, think I'm going to keep with the argent. Even my son likes the argent look and that gen puts black on everything. Appreciate the input on this, gentlemen.

Interesting note on the 31's rubbing. I posted on this sometime back and some said it was minimal and not worth the concern. I do not intend to lift my truck, as I want to be able to get it in both my house and garage. It's days of sleeping outside are gone! The current height is stock as far as I know, as that is how I bought it, but as Jim noted, it is certainly higher than the red truck I posted on. Should I be concerned with the 31's?

I agree on the rubbing being interesting.

That’s the size tire I put on my Bronco, no rubbing, want to put that size on my truck when I need tires.

After seeing the silver/grey truck Corey posted above and noting the comments, think I'm going to keep with the argent. Even my son likes the argent look and that gen puts black on everything. Appreciate the input on this, gentlemen.

Interesting note on the 31's rubbing. I posted on this sometime back and some said it was minimal and not worth the concern. I do not intend to lift my truck, as I want to be able to get it in both my house and garage. It's days of sleeping outside are gone! The current height is stock as far as I know, as that is how I bought it, but as Jim noted, it is certainly higher than the red truck I posted on. Should I be concerned with the 31's?

It probably depends on the tires. The 31's that were on Rusty when I sold him were wider than normal, so that may have contributed to the rubbing.

I'd go on Tire Rack and compare the widths of tires. Maybe even find out what is on Rusty from Clay.

It probably depends on the tires. The 31's that were on Rusty when I sold him were wider than normal, so that may have contributed to the rubbing.

I'd go on Tire Rack and compare the widths of tires. Maybe even find out what is on Rusty from Clay.

Gary, Clay posted above stating that Rusty is wearing exactly what I had thought to put on my truck...... 31x10.5 R 15's.

Gary, Clay posted above stating that Rusty is wearing exactly what I had thought to put on my truck...... 31x10.5 R 15's.

Sorry, I missed that. But the specific tire makes a difference. I just went to Tire Rack and compared 5 different tires of that size and found a tread width difference from 8.1" to 8.8". And I'm remembering the tires on Rusty as being quite wide, so maybe they are even wider than 8.8"?

In other words, I'd compare the exact tire I was considering to one that is known to rub, like those on Rusty. Maybe the difference would keep them for rubbing?

Sorry, I missed that. But the specific tire makes a difference. I just went to Tire Rack and compared 5 different tires of that size and found a tread width difference from 8.1" to 8.8". And I'm remembering the tires on Rusty as being quite wide, so maybe they are even wider than 8.8"?

In other words, I'd compare the exact tire I was considering to one that is known to rub, like those on Rusty. Maybe the difference would keep them for rubbing?

I measured the Coopers on Rusty three times and the average was 8 5/8" width. I definitely agree with Gary that not all tire measurements are the same. Here's a picture of the area where these 31's were rubbing on the radius arm prior to the suspension lift.

Radius_arm_rub.thumb.jpg.77a639cc65f7e2ffc369d65733a003ef.jpg

I measured the Coopers on Rusty three times and the average was 8 5/8" width. I definitely agree with Gary that not all tire measurements are the same. Here's a picture of the area where these 31's were rubbing on the radius arm prior to the suspension lift.

As said above, being on a 7 or an 8" factory rim will make more difference even between the exact same tire.

Once you get into aftermarket rims, with their various backspacing all bets are off.

As said above, being on a 7 or an 8" factory rim will make more difference even between the exact same tire.

Once you get into aftermarket rims, with their various backspacing all bets are off.

I just saw some wheels like John was asking about in another thread.

Black rim, chrome centers and a beauty ring with red stripe.

Damned if I know where it went though. :nabble_anim_confused:

I just saw some wheels like John was asking about in another thread.

Black rim, chrome centers and a beauty ring with red stripe.

Damned if I know where it went though. :nabble_anim_confused:

I probably shouldn’t worry about rubbing on my F250, there are semis with a tighter turning radius.

:nabble_smiley_what:

I probably shouldn’t worry about rubbing on my F250, there are semis with a tighter turning radius.

:nabble_smiley_what:

Truer words have never been spoken. Pull out of a parking spot thinking there is nothing but wide open space. Next thing I know I am doing a 10 point turn.

Truer words have never been spoken. Pull out of a parking spot thinking there is nothing but wide open space. Next thing I know I am doing a 10 point turn.

I know at least with four wheel drive that's true.

Something about the way and TTB front end and the leaf springs intersect.

Gary has a d60 in his 250.

Maybe he has something to say about before and after?