Bullnose Forums

Aaaand here we go

dacnc

I joined a while ago, just haven't gotten around to doing the requested intro - so here goes:

I'm located down in the SW corner of Utah.

My dad was a Ford fan so I grew working on fords and with the pandemic I was looking around for a project for I and my son - what I got was an '86 F150 XLT Lariat (302v8, 4wd) which some one had as a project truck and then gave up (they may have had good reason - the AOD tranny was going, which explains the cheap purchase price! :nabble_smiley_sleep: ) I tracked down a rebuilt tranny and then my son and I spent the next 6 months doing the research and getting it installed.

There's still work to do, but at least it runs now without having to rev high to get it to slam into gear.

I found this site through a google search and reviewing the various forums has been really helpful.

IMG_20200810_185029.jpg.1a459d0efd327f6601dc265365a6c7b8.jpg

Welcome to the forum Doug! :nabble_waving_orig:

We really like family bonding projects.

Glad to hear you've learned how to properly adjust that AOD, because it's important to longevity.

oh make no bones about it - I'm still learning on the AOD. Turns out the kickdown cable was broken, so I've had to find one of those. But I completely agree - correct adjustment is key to longevity! No way do I want to have to do a replacement in a year due to mal-adjustment!

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

That is a great family project. I'm sure you will look back on it fondly.

Would you like to be on our map? (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu.)

sure - no problem.

I must admit - it is quite nice! :nabble_smiley_cool:

Absolutely. My wife and I've been to both rims of the Canyon, hiked it as well as ridden the mules down, and have even seen an inversion in it. And we've been on Powell several times. Plus we driven all over the area. And, we've floated the Green River. Last, I've read every one of Zane Grey's books, many of which are about that area. Love the area!