Bullnose Forums

New member to the forum.

Welcome John!

I believe Gary is thinking of the 250's that Ford sold in the Bullnose era.

They were just big enough that they didn't fit with the 1/2 ton 150, though they could be had with a 302.

My M5OD-R2 trans came out of what I considered to be light duty F250. It was a 1991 F250 2wd with 302, 5spd, and 3.08 diff. I've told the story before, but the guy was doing a Cummins swap in the truck, so he had the engine and trans for sale...but since the truck was an F250, he had the trans listed for sale as a ZF5. He said people kept messaging him to tell him the trans he had was not a ZF5, so he relisted it as the M5OD, and that is when I found it...only a half a mile away from my office, right here in the industrial park.

Yep, the non-HD F250's had a lighter duty driveline. I was not aware of that until I got Big Blue and noted the HD designation. Then I started looking for the LD's. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Yep, the non-HD F250's had a lighter duty driveline. I was not aware of that until I got Big Blue and noted the HD designation. Then I started looking for the LD's. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Note that Ford made the break at the 8,500 gvw emissions limit.

This way they could use the 351 HO (as well as the 460) without a cat or fuel injection.

The IDI slid by too.

There were carbureted 460's in F53 chassis right up into the 90's.