Bullnose Forums

New member from far, far away.....

Hi guys,

My mane is Gustavo and I write from distance place, Peru. Super fan on the oval and also of the forum, I have been reading, maybe since 2015.

I describe myself. But first if I made a mistake writing just understand that I am not good writing English (special on grammar). Anyway, I am a HVAC technician here, but I have a lot of hobbies, mechanics, welder and staff like that. Also I used to work on cruise ships, sailing from USA so I used to fly from here to there many times (but for this pandemic time I stay at home for a while, actually if everything is going on the good way I will fly again next month).

So, I have no idea from where the pasión come from. Flying a lot and seeing those old truck on the airport working is amazing. So I decide to get mine (but the decisión was took a long time ago). Maybe I was looking for a while (3 years) until I found the right one.

You should know, Here they used those truck rarely because of the size of the engine, and if they have it usually they will try to replace for another Diesel engine (maybe Toyota engine or the firsts thing that just cross they eyes). And after look for more than a 2 years a found almost intact truck, older, and nice bullnose truck from 84, they owner told me that he bought the truck for business here, but after he bought it a big fire take place where his business was, so he didn’t used and just keep it until he decide to get rig of it. (Actually was my father who was talking and buy for me, as I said I used to work overseas but I was looking every time on the marketplace, until I find it and send my father to buy it for me)

Is more than one year that is mine, so far I painted and start to clean it, try to keep it original. On the engine side, there was no too much to do it, but anyway it requires some “love”, as per parts and accessories I used RockAuto, I didn’t have any issues yet, but is the only one that send overseas and it had a nice price on shipping (yes, I have to be careful when they send using different warehouse) built so far is where I get all the parts. And if is possible I buy it by myself when I travel there.

With no more words to write for now, I wil show my proyect..

IMG-20191017-WA0031.jpg.788c0c83d31dea0347aebbbae6275c32.jpg

5DFB194C-1EEC-445D-824D-D9FB1EC7A5DF.jpeg.c76a490dbb79f36bcea4136ca317789c.jpeg

Thanks guys

Gustavo

PD. One question before anyone notice, If the date of manufacturing is 12/84, Should I consider a 85 model?

Gustavo - Welcome!!! Glad you joined! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Would you like to be on our map? (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu.) Just need a city.

As for the language, you did wonderfully! :nabble_anim_claps: I'm in awe of people who speak or type more than one language. I'm struggling with English!

What cruise line? My wife and I've been on several.

Love the truck. But if it was assembled in December of '84 it should be an '85. They cut over to the next year in about August, so anything after that was usually the next year.

Gustavo - Welcome!!! Glad you joined! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Would you like to be on our map? (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu.) Just need a city.

As for the language, you did wonderfully! :nabble_anim_claps: I'm in awe of people who speak or type more than one language. I'm struggling with English!

What cruise line? My wife and I've been on several.

Love the truck. But if it was assembled in December of '84 it should be an '85. They cut over to the next year in about August, so anything after that was usually the next year.

Thanks Gary

So I will used 85 as a reference for parts.

I work for Carnival Cruises Lines, I have a position where I have to “visit” ships to do a special maintenance on the HVAC equipment onboard. So I am not on one ship on one season (or better to said, on the contract).

Welcome Gustavo! :nabble_waving_orig:

It is good to see more members coming from South America. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Do you know where your truck was assembled? (This can be decoded from the vehicle identification number)

I do believe Ford used assembly plants in Brazil and Mexico to fulfill the Latin American market.

It is good to see more members coming from South America. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Do you know where your truck was assembled? (This can be decoded from the vehicle identification number)

I do believe Ford used assembly plants in Brazil and Mexico to fulfill the Latin American market.

Welcome Gustavo!

Hi,

Actually the truck was PROUDLY assemble on USA :nabble_anim_jump:

I gonna share the info decal of the truck.

BTW, Gary if you can add me on the map. I am from the city of Lima - Peru

20200101_234447.jpg.9096ed3958d6d4af58b9af2428964714.jpg

As a said before, the market for truck is close to the Medium Size (a example of that is the model Ranger, but not the North American one, they used to assemble on Argentina that model with 4 door a Crew cab. On another brand you have the Toyota Stout and Toyota Hilux that is the rival of the Ford Ranger here)

To find a single cab truck here is not common but you can do it, and if you usually find is most of the time a USA made truck

Hi,

Actually the truck was PROUDLY assemble on USA :nabble_anim_jump:

I gonna share the info decal of the truck.

BTW, Gary if you can add me on the map. I am from the city of Lima - Peru

As a said before, the market for truck is close to the Medium Size (a example of that is the model Ranger, but not the North American one, they used to assemble on Argentina that model with 4 door a Crew cab. On another brand you have the Toyota Stout and Toyota Hilux that is the rival of the Ford Ranger here)

To find a single cab truck here is not common but you can do it, and if you usually find is most of the time a USA made truck

It's good to know your truck is American made.

None of us will have to question features for parts that were only installed in trucks for other markets.

The smaller Ranger used to share a lot with the Mazda B2000 pickup here in the U.S.

The Hilux is definitely the undisputed pickup champion worldwide.

Unfortunately Toyota never brought the diesel models here.

It's good to know your truck is American made.

None of us will have to question features for parts that were only installed in trucks for other markets.

The smaller Ranger used to share a lot with the Mazda B2000 pickup here in the U.S.

The Hilux is definitely the undisputed pickup champion worldwide.

Unfortunately Toyota never brought the diesel models here.

Gustavo - You are now on the map. :nabble_smiley_wink: