Bullnose Forums

Installing A Code Alarm ca1155e Security System

Those amazon ones would work - no doubt they all now come from the same place but that ebay listing is for a set of 2 (2x).

Amazon would definitely arrive sooner though.:nabble_smiley_beam:

Ahhh! It is 1 set of 2! Got it. :nabble_smiley_good:

But I'm not in a big hurry, so might go with the ebay ones.

$10 with all all else you've got going?

Went with the ones from Amazon just due to the delivery time of Monday vs 10 days from now. Not sure I'll be ready to install them Monday, but am pretty sure I will be before the 10 days is up.

Looking at the inputs for things being opened there are three:

• Door Trigger Input (+): This is the purple wire and expects to see ground until the door is opened, at which point it'll see 12v. So I'll connect it to the Black/Light Blue wire of the courtesy lights.

• Door Trigger Input (-): This is the green wire and expects to see ground when something is opened.

So I'm going to run it out under the hood and perhaps put pin switches on the tool box doors.

• Hood Pin Input (-): This is gray wire and it expects to see ground when the hood is opened. So I'll run it out under the hood as well and may put a pin switch on the hood.

• 2 months later...
Went with the ones from Amazon just due to the delivery time of Monday vs 10 days from now. Not sure I'll be ready to install them Monday, but am pretty sure I will be before the 10 days is up.Looking at the inputs for things being opened there are three:
  • Door Trigger Input (+): This is the purple wire and expects to see ground until the door is opened, at which point it'll see 12v. So I'll connect it to the Black/Light Blue wire of the courtesy lights.
  • Door Trigger Input (-): This is the green wire and expects to see ground when something is opened. So I'm going to run it out under the hood and perhaps put pin switches on the tool box doors.
  • Hood Pin Input (-): This is gray wire and it expects to see ground when the hood is opened. So I'll run it out under the hood as well and may put a pin switch on the hood.
This is to close out this thread. I finished installing the Code Alarm system today and want to document everything.However I do have to install the pin switches in the toolbox and do some more programming. I have done some programming as I turned Silent Choice on such that a single push of Lock arms the system, locks the doors, and flashes the lights. But it takes a 2nd push to get the siren & horn to sound - like if you really want everyone to know it has an alarm system. :nabble_smiley_wink:

But I need to adjust the shock sensor since banging on the truck didn't set it off. And there are other things I want to test.

I installed the system where the center speaker would have been and used the space to the right to make many of the connections, which makes it much easier. Here's how the wiring under the dash cover turned out:

Security_System_Wiring_Done.thumb.jpg.9fdf558f8c1c02761aadff4e1297c679.jpg

And here's how I wired it: