Bullnose Forums

Today's Value Of An '85 F250 4WD w/a 460?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n90787/Capture.jpg

Cory, Big Blue has a little bit more than 245HP... :nabble_smiley_whistling: :nabble_smiley_wink:

Didn't have 245 HP the day it rolled off the showroom floor.... :nabble_anim_confused:

Gary,The RTT is an integral part of a system that revolves around the truck.

An ''accessory' yes, but one that has no purpose without the truck.

Gary,

Have you gone on the Hagerty website to print off an appraisal? You can download a report, even using your VIN (I think). I know you don't want to use Hagerty, and I get it 100%, but they valued my truck at $14k CDN (IIRC) and I bumped the value up to 20k, just to cover me in case the thing ever caught fire and burned, ya know?

Cory - That's an EXCELLENT idea! Thanks! I'll go do that just to be able to print it and take it with me.

And Jim is right, it only had 245 HP when new. Let's see, 1/2 of 245 is 122.5. Add that to 245 and you get 368 HP, which is what Scotty said this one has. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Jim - You are right about the tent and rack. But I'm not 100% sure I'm going to get our son to go with me, and without that I might not add them. (But I might get the twins to go. :nabble_smiley_beam:) I'm just making sure that the cover I buy will work with the rack and tent, and it will. :nabble_anim_jump:

Cory - That's an EXCELLENT idea! Thanks! I'll go do that just to be able to print it and take it with me.

And Jim is right, it only had 245 HP when new. Let's see, 1/2 of 245 is 122.5. Add that to 245 and you get 368 HP, which is what Scotty said this one has. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Jim - You are right about the tent and rack. But I'm not 100% sure I'm going to get our son to go with me, and without that I might not add them. (But I might get the twins to go. :nabble_smiley_beam:) I'm just making sure that the cover I buy will work with the rack and tent, and it will. :nabble_anim_jump:

This lump never made 245.

MAYBE 225.

More likely 205.

But it's like the energizer bunny.

It just keeps going, and going......

You need to figure out your jerry can + tire carrier.

Then you don't have to think about how to secure the back of the truck.

Do they do line-X in a complementary light blue?

Black is miserable for dozens of reasons.

You need to figure out your jerry can + tire carrier.

Then you don't have to think about how to secure the back of the truck.

Do they do line-X in a complementary light blue?

Black is miserable for dozens of reasons.

Jim - It would be nice to get that rear bumper made. You are right, if it locked it would solve that tailgate problem. And I don't know about the light blue, but I can ask. Yes, if you are in bright sunlight the black gets HOT!

On Hagerty, I did print the eval of $12,500. (And the range to $40,800 if it is a #1; 31,800 as a #2; 12,500 as a #3, and $5100 as a #4.) And reading the descriptions it is at least a 3, but not a 2. But they said they have a historical view of values, but you need to join up.

Ok, I joined Hagerty so I could get the history report on prices. Interesting. Here's what they say for Big Blue. Note how the prices went up soon after the pandemic hit. And, the highest prices are starting to come back down a bit, and that was as of January.

Hagerty_s_History.thumb.jpg.c313d9a2213ab571e691cf309d8c11b4.jpg

And here are the descriptions of the categories:

Hagerty_s_Condition_Ratings.thumb.jpg.68e05f58376829a0560db4e3e7f51af9.jpg

Jim - It would be nice to get that rear bumper made. You are right, if it locked it would solve that tailgate problem. And I don't know about the light blue, but I can ask. Yes, if you are in bright sunlight the black gets HOT!

On Hagerty, I did print the eval of $12,500. (And the range to $40,800 if it is a #1; 31,800 as a #2; 12,500 as a #3, and $5100 as a #4.) And reading the descriptions it is at least a 3, but not a 2. But they said they have a historical view of values, but you need to join up.

Ok, I joined Hagerty so I could get the history report on prices. Interesting. Here's what they say for Big Blue. Note how the prices went up soon after the pandemic hit. And, the highest prices are starting to come back down a bit, and that was as of January.

And here are the descriptions of the categories:

IMHO, you’re a #2 or very close to it.

Edit: and you have it documented here on your website.

IMHO, you’re a #2 or very close to it.

Edit: and you have it documented here on your website.

Thanks, Dane. But I'm not so sure. Here's their statement:

#2 vehicles could win a local or regional show. They can be former #1 vehicles that have been driven or have aged. Seasoned observers will have to look closely for flaws, but will be able to find some not seen by the general public. The paint, chrome, glass and finishes will all appear as excellent. No excessive smoke will be seen on startup, no unusual noises will emanate from the engine. The vehicle will drive as a new vehicle of its era would. The one word description for #2 vehicles is "excellent."

And on Big Blue you don't have to be a "seasoned observer" to see the Bondo in the cab corners and over the wheelwells. Nor the peeling clear coat on the hood. (No, there should never have been clear coat on the hood, and I'm hoping I can buff it off.) Plus there are plenty of paint chips, and overall patina.

And if you then look at the #3 & 4 descriptions together, necessary since #3 refers to #4, you see a more accurate depiction of Big Blue. "Incorrect parts"? :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

#3 vehicles could possess some, but not all of the issues of a #4 vehicle, but they will be balanced by other factors such as a fresh paint job or a new, correct interior where applicable. #3 vehicles drive and run well, but might have some incorrect parts. These vehicles are not used for daily transportation but are ready for a long tour without excuses, and the casual passerby will not find any visual flaws. "Good" is the one word description of a #3 vehicle.

#4 vehicles are daily drivers, with flaws visible to the naked eye. The chrome might have pitting or scratches, the windshield might be chipped. Paintwork is imperfect, and perhaps the body has a minor dent. Split seams or a cracked dash, where applicable, might be present. No major parts are missing, but the wheels could differ from the originals, or other non- stock additions might be present. A #4 vehicle can also be a deteriorated restoration. "Fair" is the one word that describes a #4 vehicle.

Basically, Hagerty is describing collector vehicles. Ones that are striving to be "correct". But that's not what I want Big Blue to be. I want a vehicle I'm not afraid to take anywhere, meaning long trips or offroad, because it is ready and capable. There's no worries about whether it can make it, but there's also no worry that it might get a small ding.