Bullnose Forums

Today's Value Of An '85 F250 4WD w/a 460?

Guys, I need some help. I'm meeting this afternoon with my insurance man to figure out how to insure Big Blue, and I think I need to know what the base value of a truck similar to BB would be.

By "base value" I mean a truck w/o all the additions I've put on BB as I pretty well know what they cost. And we are talking about a 1985 F250HD, meaning 8-lug wheels and 8500 GVWR, with a 460 and T-19. The body is very straight and there's Bondo in the cab corners and over the rear wheel arches, with some rust showing in the cracks of the Bondo over the wheel arches. And, if it matters, it is the Explorer package, meaning top of the line trim.

So if you could take a look at what has sold recently that is similar I'd appreciate it. I'll do the same, and let's pool our info here. Links to your finds would be helpful.

THANKS!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1985 F250 4wd with 19K miles: Extremely nice and asking $12.5K. But it is apparently a "light duty" F250 as it has the 5.0L, which wasn't put in the HD F250's.

And David found these:

Can't help you here Gary, there's just so much variance. I don't know how much you have in it, but I do believe you can get it insured for that amount. Of course, you pay a premium.

Jim - I'm guessing Big Blue w/o the options I've added would be somewhere between $5K and 7.5K. And I know what I have in him. :nabble_money-mouth-face-23x23_orig:

John - I'm sure someone will insure it, but at what price? We shall see in a bit.

Jim - I'm guessing Big Blue w/o the options I've added would be somewhere between $5K and 7.5K. And I know what I have in him. :nabble_money-mouth-face-23x23_orig:

John - I'm sure someone will insure it, but at what price? We shall see in a bit.

Gary, with today's advertising strategies, ALL insurance companies can save you between $487 & $683???

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Gary, with today's advertising strategies, ALL insurance companies can save you between $487 & $683???

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Yes. And then if we have an accident they'll not be willing to pay.

A few years ago we were driving Janey's GLK and were rear-ended. We wanted to have it repaired in the ONLY Mercedes-certified repair facility in the Tulsa area, but State Farm balked at paying their rates. I talked to my friend from church, the one I'm seeing today, and he assured me his company would.

So when I met with the State Farm agent she said no insurance company would pay those rates. I told her that wasn't true. She asked how I knew and I told her. And, that ALL of my insurance would move over there. You should have seen her face! RED. MAD. UPSET.

This is the first step along that path. And when they ask why I'm dropping my insurance on the truck I'll remind them of the conversation.

I'm just trying to point out that I'm basically one taillight from being written off.

It's a good work truck, but needs stuff like doors.

If you can get (and afford!) replacement value insurance I'm happy for you.

Are you going to insure the cover and the tent too?

I still think you're closer to that ICON than you care to accept.

I'm just trying to point out that I'm basically one taillight from being written off.

It's a good work truck, but needs stuff like doors.

If you can get (and afford!) replacement value insurance I'm happy for you.

Are you going to insure the cover and the tent too?

I still think you're closer to that ICON than you care to accept.

I understand what you are saying about your truck, and I hope you don't lose it.

As for Big Blue, I've spent the last two days looking at our credit card bills for the last 2 years, the Amazon/RA/etc bills, and even email back into 2017 between us. So I'm pretty sure I know almost exactly what I have "in" BB. And I'm not close to the ICON truck, but I'm at a level that I don't want to chance losing by someone hitting me and the insurance company saying they'll pay me for a beater '85 F250.

And I have the cover and the Line-X in the #'s, albeit with an April 2021 date. However, I don't know if they'll cover the tent and the associated rack. But I have that in the right up so it'll come up in the conversation.

I understand what you are saying about your truck, and I hope you don't lose it.

As for Big Blue, I've spent the last two days looking at our credit card bills for the last 2 years, the Amazon/RA/etc bills, and even email back into 2017 between us. So I'm pretty sure I know almost exactly what I have "in" BB. And I'm not close to the ICON truck, but I'm at a level that I don't want to chance losing by someone hitting me and the insurance company saying they'll pay me for a beater '85 F250.

And I have the cover and the Line-X in the #'s, albeit with an April 2021 date. However, I don't know if they'll cover the tent and the associated rack. But I have that in the right up so it'll come up in the conversation.

Gary,

Have you gone on the Hagerty website to print off an appraisal? You can download a report, even using your VIN (I think). I know you don't want to use Hagerty, and I get it 100%, but they valued my truck at $14k CDN (IIRC) and I bumped the value up to 20k, just to cover me in case the thing ever caught fire and burned, ya know?

Capture.jpg.4d5cf8eeacdf959bd6c3debfa2aa44d2.jpg