Bullnose Forums

Need advice/not getting gas

That might well be the problem, Dane.

But like Bill said, do some diagnostics.

Since the truck is doing its own diagnostics -constantly- the first thing I'd do is pull codes.

Even if the pumps are good and the valve is bad, what matters is pressure in the rail.

That's why there's a Schrader valve.

If you have a fuel pressure gauge stuck in front of your face you can see if the fuel pressure is low or non-existent, while you're driving or when it won't restart.

If the injectors aren't cycling it doesn't matter if there's fuel.

Again, a flashing light makes it pretty obvious if the computer is grounding the injector or not.

It's been three months now, hundreds of dollars in parts even before then, and the truck still won't start when heat soaked. (It seems)

What's odd is the heat soaked issue just started after I fixed the stalling and skip. One thing i heard recently after trying to start it was the valves clicking for 5 seconds or so after I cut the switch off. This happened a time or two. I'll get the code tomorrow.

I can check the fuel pressure again. I havent checked it since the heat soaked issue arose. Crazy how that started shortly after the other was fixed.

received_344317826907527.mp4

What's odd is the heat soaked issue just started after I fixed the stalling and skip. One thing i heard recently after trying to start it was the valves clicking for 5 seconds or so after I cut the switch off. This happened a time or two. I'll get the code tomorrow.

I can check the fuel pressure again. I havent checked it since the heat soaked issue arose. Crazy how that started shortly after the other was fixed.

received_344317826907527.mp4

Well, maybe you had two problems, and only one was rearing it's head.

Now that's fixed, it's allowing this other one to show?

See what the truck is telling you.

The first 5 minutes today it skipped and sputtered and wouldnt move. Eventually it worked out but still had a small skip. Ut hardly noticable. The rest of the day it ran great but when it warmed up it wouldnt start. Let cool for 30 min and would start.

The first 5 minutes today it skipped and sputtered and wouldnt move. Eventually it worked out but still had a small skip. Ut hardly noticable. The rest of the day it ran great but when it warmed up it wouldnt start. Let cool for 30 min and would start.

I've never heard of "spark angle word" but we all know what a Spark OUT jumper is.

The Profile Ignition Pickup is the spark trigger in side the distributor.

But since you have recently replaced the distributor, and it hasn't resolved the issue, I'm not sure what to suggest.

It doesn't seem a harness failure would be heat related.

I've never heard of "spark angle word" but we all know what a Spark OUT jumper is.

The Profile Ignition Pickup is the spark trigger in side the distributor.

But since you have recently replaced the distributor, and it hasn't resolved the issue, I'm not sure what to suggest.

It doesn't seem a harness failure would be heat related.

I wonder if it's a bad distributor since it didnt do this before I changed the distributor. I bought the cheapest one.

I wonder if it's a bad distributor since it didnt do this before I changed the distributor. I bought the cheapest one.

Well, "New" doesn't necessarily mean good.... :nabble_anim_confused:

But the fact that it comes back when it cools down makes me think module (it's a classic symptom)

Or maybe it's the coil overheating? (But that wouldn't explain the code, would it?)

Well, "New" doesn't necessarily mean good.... :nabble_anim_confused:

But the fact that it comes back when it cools down makes me think module (it's a classic symptom)

Or maybe it's the coil overheating? (But that wouldn't explain the code, would it?)

I swapped out the ignition coil today and it still wouldnt start after I drove it and got it warm.

I swapped out the ignition coil today and it still wouldnt start after I drove it and got it warm.

Like Bill said, you need to do more diagnosis and less part swapping.

Have you looked closely at the circuit board of your computer?

Any bulging caps, or ones with deposits beneath them are shot.