Bullnose Forums

Where to buy: Charcoal Vinyl Dye/Paint

As a long belated Christmas (and Easter) gift, my mom is (probably) buying me some much needed door parts for my bull.

The door panels and armrests will need to be dyed or painted to match my charcoal interior.

Thing is, I've never seen such dye in stores. Something I need to order from Eastwood or the like?

Also, any suggestions on something that will be a close match? And on a UV protectant?

Check out our page at Documentation/Specifications/Interior Paint. The color code for your paint is there, but note that you will not find it on the shelf. It will have to be mixed, but there is a link on the page to Vinyl Pro, which mixes the paint and ships it to you. You'll love working with them.

Check out our page at Documentation/Specifications/Interior Paint. The color code for your paint is there, but note that you will not find it on the shelf. It will have to be mixed, but there is a link on the page to Vinyl Pro, which mixes the paint and ships it to you. You'll love working with them.

SEM don't have that color?

Is this the color you are after?

10_Dash_a002.jpg.53c0936eb6ad8dc3e79990e575d3fb48.jpg

Dave ----

Dave ----

SEM has the color codes for that color, and all interior colors for our trucks. You get the color codes on the page referenced above. But, as it says on that page, all SEM matching colors are mixed on demand. Saying it another way, SEM says that none of their matching colors will be found on the shelf as they don't sell them that way to dealers.

But Vinyl Pro does mix SEM paints and ship them, and they are great to work with. Again, a link to them is on that page.

I'm looking into this now and speaking with the people at Vinyl Pro. They appear to be a class act and have been very responsive to my emails. Fellow members here have all raved about their products and business.

They sell SEM and can mix any color but it is a little pricey. There is a $25 fee for paint matching and a single can is about $30. I'm going to send them a part to paint match this week sometime.

I'm looking into this now and speaking with the people at Vinyl Pro. They appear to be a class act and have been very responsive to my emails. Fellow members here have all raved about their products and business.

They sell SEM and can mix any color but it is a little pricey. There is a $25 fee for paint matching and a single can is about $30. I'm going to send them a part to paint match this week sometime.

So, you aren't going with the SEM color code, but having them scan it and mix to match. Cool! Didn't know that was an option.

But, on Big Blue there were several different shades of the original color. I'm confident that all the panels were original, but they didn't match. The door panels matched each other, as did the A-pillar trim, and rear corner trim. But each pair was a different shade of blue, as is the dash and dash pad, which didn't quite match.

So, which panel are you matching?

So, you aren't going with the SEM color code, but having them scan it and mix to match. Cool! Didn't know that was an option.

But, on Big Blue there were several different shades of the original color. I'm confident that all the panels were original, but they didn't match. The door panels matched each other, as did the A-pillar trim, and rear corner trim. But each pair was a different shade of blue, as is the dash and dash pad, which didn't quite match.

Yeah, gonna have them mix my interior paint as they don't have it. They were kind enough to send me color samples and while a couple are close don't think they are spot on.

Is this the color you are after?

Dave ----

Didn't know who made such. I'm a noob to vinyl dying/painting.

As for a pic:

882b90ce109b49b6b8b1aa518bd42a36.thumb.jpg.a48731be7187624c7ff67c6528ff965c.jpg

The glovebox latch center needs colored too... it was an an ebay used replacement, likely off a chevy (same part, though).

Gary, AMC had the same color match issue with the tan parts.

This because each part / pair were made by different companies.

I bet Ford and others did the same.

Dave ----

Gary, AMC had the same color match issue with the tan parts.

This because each part / pair were made by different companies.

I bet Ford and others did the same.

Dave ----

Yes, I'm sure that is the issue. I don't know if the parts didn't really match the day the trucks were new, but they sure don't now. Perhaps the different paints or dyes fade differently? The different plastics might age differently? Dunno.