Bullnose Forums

Hydroboost brake pedal swap for manual Bronco

Hi guys,

I'm looking out for that elusive hydroboost brake pedal at the JY, but I'm not exactly sure what donors would work. I have an 84 Bronco with a manual transmission (hydraulic clutch).

Does it matter what year I pull the pedal out of? Does it have to be a f250 or 350 SD or could a f450 pedal be used?

The pedals and linkages page here shows that all 84 trucks and Broncos including the Super Duty used the same part number for the pedal, but that's a misprint; the pedals are definitely different, right.

Thanks!

Thanks Gary. Do you know if the entire pedal assembly including clutch from an aero f450 would be interchangeable?

I don't know that, Chad. I know that for the light-duty trucks the pedal assembly changed in '87 and won't fit our trucks. But I don't know about the bigger trucks.

Thanks Gary. Do you know if the entire pedal assembly including clutch from an aero f450 would be interchangeable?

The pedal assembly won't fit but it is easy enough to move the hole for the master cylinder pushrod.

I'm fairly sure Scott or Jonathan has posted pictures side by side with the X dimension from the pivot to the new hole you should drill.