Bullnose Forums

85 2wd C&C Dump 4x4 Conversion

bp17oang

Give me some time to wade through their applications.

I'll find it, unless you have a power transmission shop to built it for you.

Don't get too hung up on it, unless you really feel like it. I think it would be wise to get my drivetrain in then I have a good measurement to see what the cross references line up to. I can have it in in the next couple of days.

I have to be honest, reading the application manual for the driveshafts is mind-numbing for me for some reason and I consider myself to be at least of average intelligence. I'm sure others including my ex might disagree with that though :nabble_smiley_grin:

Don't get too hung up on it, unless you really feel like it. I think it would be wise to get my drivetrain in then I have a good measurement to see what the cross references line up to. I can have it in in the next couple of days.

I have to be honest, reading the application manual for the driveshafts is mind-numbing for me for some reason and I consider myself to be at least of average intelligence. I'm sure others including my ex might disagree with that though :nabble_smiley_grin:

I had a little time to look to see if I could get my head around it... I can't leave well enough alone

You can tell me if you end up in the same place as I did... E5TZ 4602-Z. That's my best guess based off the chart. That shows a length of 59 3/16 which is in the ballpark of my rough measurement of 62"

??? Just get the motor in, Bill! :nabble_smiley_happy:

I'm autistic. Seeing patterns, trends and outliers in charts and diagrams is just the way my brain is wired.

You may have found a drive shaft for an F-350 pickup.

(They have a 133" wheelbase)

You just need to be certain that the shaft can't bottom out at full compression, nor pull all the way out.

I'm autistic. Seeing patterns, trends and outliers in charts and diagrams is just the way my brain is wired.

You may have found a drive shaft for an F-350 pickup.

(They have a 133" wheelbase)

You just need to be certain that the shaft can't bottom out at full compression, nor pull all the way out.

I got that part number from page 45 of the Application manual. Shows it's for a WB of 136"

Which seems to be much more of a unicorn on the used parts market than a front driveshaft :nabble_smiley_uh:

I got that part number from page 45 of the Application manual. Shows it's for a WB of 136"

Which seems to be much more of a unicorn on the used parts market than a front driveshaft :nabble_smiley_uh:

Then I'd assume it's correct.

(as 'correct' as any counter jockey would be)

That's the nice part about S/D putting their info online.

When you know they were the OEM there's a good chance you can trust it.

Then I'd assume it's correct.

(as 'correct' as any counter jockey would be)

That's the nice part about S/D putting their info online.

When you know they were the OEM there's a good chance you can trust it.

Looks like it "might" be available from S/D...

but based on the price you showed me of the double cardan assembly, I think I will just take my driveshaft assemblies to the shop and see what he can fabricate once I get a solid measurement.

Looks like it "might" be available from S/D...

but based on the price you showed me of the double cardan assembly, I think I will just take my driveshaft assemblies to the shop and see what he can fabricate once I get a solid measurement.

Give Jeff's Bronco Graveyard a call.

(actually call them)

They seem to have a tremendous working relationship with Spicer.

AND they seem to have an across the board price of $279 for almost every driveshaft. (complete, bolt in, with universals)

If you call them with a part number, and ask them if they can provide it, you might be surprised.

For sure it will be the same shaft you'd get at the dealer. No question about that.

And they're drop shipped pretty much overnight.

Give Jeff's Bronco Graveyard a call.

(actually call them)

They seem to have a tremendous working relationship with Spicer.

AND they seem to have an across the board price of $279 for almost every driveshaft. (complete, bolt in, with universals)

If you call them with a part number, and ask them if they can provide it, you might be surprised.

For sure it will be the same shaft you'd get at the dealer. No question about that.

And they're drop shipped pretty much overnight.

PXL_20210309_224913204.thumb.jpg.b40143c02a84c2c91e1ce99ad335f4f9.jpg

Thanks for the advice I will call them.

Rear driveshaft measures 62.5" from where the u-joints seat in the yokes (in other words from the front side of the front u joint to the back side of the back u joint).

Front measures 35.5" from the same points.

Thanks for the advice I will call them.

Rear driveshaft measures 62.5" from where the u-joints seat in the yokes (in other words from the front side of the front u joint to the back side of the back u joint).

Front measures 35.5" from the same points.

Bill did get the motor in! :nabble_anim_jump:

Engine in is a great feeling.

Remember that the driveshaft length given is fully bottomed.

Measurement is C-C on the cross, so subtract one bearing cap diameter from your overall

You would need to be measuring with the shackles disconnected, and the axle on the stops.

Some specific purpose for this truck?