Bullnose Forums

85 2wd C&C Dump 4x4 Conversion

bp17oang

Yeah I meant in Vermont.

Ohio isn't any better for upland birds. My dad used to get a grouse or pheasant back in the 80s but those days are long gone. My bird trips generally take me west but at least one to the northeast would be on the bucket list.

I'm not sure, but like I said I do see some grouse in the forest.

Migratory quail and dove are seasonal and not entirely gone yet. :nabble_smiley_sad:

I had a Vizla/GSH mix as a teenager.

A box of 20Ga. 8's was ~$15.

Damn, I'm OLD.

I'm not sure, but like I said I do see some grouse in the forest.

Migratory quail and dove are seasonal and not entirely gone yet. :nabble_smiley_sad:

I had a Vizla/GSH mix as a teenager.

A box of 20Ga. 8's was ~$15.

Damn, I'm OLD.

I bet that was a good hunting dog. I have a couple Wirehaired Pointing Griffons. Do my best to get out west 3/4 times a year with them. Or North if I am chasing grouse, which is my favorite.

Fingers crossed, I may have located a double cardan driveshaft. Once I get the drivetrain in I will get a measurement.

I bet that was a good hunting dog. I have a couple Wirehaired Pointing Griffons. Do my best to get out west 3/4 times a year with them. Or North if I am chasing grouse, which is my favorite.

Fingers crossed, I may have located a double cardan driveshaft. Once I get the drivetrain in I will get a measurement.

She was SO funny!

Hard on point while trembling so much I didn't know how she kept from peeing herself. 😆

Don't see many Griffon's around here.

Wheatons maybe, but not Griffon's.

There's not too much different length until you get to something L O N G like an E4OD.

I can check the various lengths with Spicer/Dana.

Pretty sure my book goes back to '82

She was SO funny!

Hard on point while trembling so much I didn't know how she kept from peeing herself. 😆

Don't see many Griffon's around here.

Wheatons maybe, but not Griffon's.

There's not too much different length until you get to something L O N G like an E4OD.

I can check the various lengths with Spicer/Dana.

Pretty sure my book goes back to '82

Haha. That brings a new definition to the term "intense on point"

Griffs aren't the most common but they do seem to be popular in the grouse world especially (Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Canada). They also seem to be, unfortunately, gaining popularity in the showing world, but I will resist venting on here too much about that.

Haha. That brings a new definition to the term "intense on point"

Griffs aren't the most common but they do seem to be popular in the grouse world especially (Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Canada). They also seem to be, unfortunately, gaining popularity in the showing world, but I will resist venting on here too much about that.

It's your thread!

Vent away as long as you keep it 'family friendly'

Teal was the result of an "accidental intersection" of show dogs. And therefore deemed "worthless"

But there were good field dogs on both sire and dam sides.

I didn't give a hoot about her markings or confirmation. I just wanted a easily deburred and highly driven pup.

I got that (in spades). 😉

It's your thread!

Teal was the result of an "accidental intersection" of show dogs. And therefore deemed "worthless"

I didn't give a hoot about her markings or confirmation. I just wanted a easily deburred and highly driven pup.

I have a friend that breeds German Wirehairs and Pudelpointers. Says some of the best hunting dogs he's produced were accidents between the two.

When Teel was made the lines probably (obviously) still had the good traits. I fear over time that might not be occurring as much as it should. Vizslas are a good example of that actually. I am not saying there aren't any around that can hunt, but it is becoming rarer and rarer. Wiems, goldens, setters, and even labs fall into that unfortunate trend as well. This is just from my personal experiences though... which is all we have to guide our opinions I suppose. :nabble_smiley_happy:

It's your thread!

I just started looking at the driveshaft documentation section... I now have a headache...

From '85-94 all 350 front driveshafts should be 32 3/4" fully collapsed.

The E4OD in '95 was 38 3/16" long

That doesn't change based on tranny or transfer case? Good to know.

I was looking more at my rear driveshaft situation. Will I need an engineering or physics degree to sort all that out? My existing rear axle looks like it has a different angle than a 4X4 would have had. Also, things look like they change at the transfer case compared to the 2wd tranny. Both trucks had the two piece shaft with the carrier bearing (which I think is labeled on the documents as a "two piece coupling shaft"?).

Is it possible that I can just have a one piece built or is it preferable to stick with the two piece system?

That doesn't change based on tranny or transfer case? Good to know.

I was looking more at my rear driveshaft situation. Will I need an engineering or physics degree to sort all that out? My existing rear axle looks like it has a different angle than a 4X4 would have had. Also, things look like they change at the transfer case compared to the 2wd tranny. Both trucks had the two piece shaft with the carrier bearing (which I think is labeled on the documents as a "two piece coupling shaft"?).

Is it possible that I can just have a one piece built or is it preferable to stick with the two piece system?

"460, all"

Doesn't matter if a T-19, Zf-5 or a C6.

Doesn't matter if a 1345 or 1356 TC.

Every 4wd 460 F-350 from 85-94 takes the same front driveshaft

As for the rear shaft, you're keeping the D70, and only really changing the front length by the transfer case, right?

I'm not sure what the wheelbase of your dump truck is..... I don't think it really matters.

Is it a fixed yoke or a flat flange on the rear of your transfer case?