Bullnose Forums

85 2wd C&C Dump 4x4 Conversion

bp17oang

The front hangers were not too bad. The three holes for the core support are used so I could use that to go off.

The rear ones were a little trickier for two reasons... One, no holes matched to work from, and two one hole is up under the cab mount. So, I measured everything based off the 4x4 cab mount from several points with a caliper etc. Then I made a jig based off the holes I could drill that I could reverse to mark and drill that particular hole from the inside of the frame.

Edit: also I think there were two but at least one huck bolt on both sides that I had to cut off and put bolts in due to having to take off the mounting system for the coils. I will double check that

So two motor mount hucks and one on the cross member bottom frame channel on driver side had to be cut and replaced. On passenger just the one on the bottom channel.

Everything else appears to be solid but I'll clean it up and check all that closer

So two motor mount hucks and one on the cross member bottom frame channel on driver side had to be cut and replaced. On passenger just the one on the bottom channel.

Everything else appears to be solid but I'll clean it up and check all that closer

Just thinking ahead a little bit... What would you guys do for the fuel system? The truck has an electric fuel system, the motor that's going in has a mechanical.

Any thoughts or preferences?

Just thinking ahead a little bit... What would you guys do for the fuel system? The truck has an electric fuel system, the motor that's going in has a mechanical.

Any thoughts or preferences?

Go electric if the cab and tanks are already set up that way.

a blanking plate for the engine is cheap and easy to source from the Mustang enthusiast crowd.

Cranking and cranking for minutes to catch prime if you run one tank out is a huge pita.

Take it from someone who knows all too well.

Go electric if the cab and tanks are already set up that way.

a blanking plate for the engine is cheap and easy to source from the Mustang enthusiast crowd.

Cranking and cranking for minutes to catch prime if you run one tank out is a huge pita.

Take it from someone who knows all too well.

That's what I was thinking... Since the truck is electrically set up for that.

I have a blanking plate to use off the other motor! 👍

Sort of a standstill waiting on some parts... but days like today are what really make me want to get the ol girl going... 😁

Looks a beautiful day there, with blue skies and no snow on the ground! :nabble_smiley_good:

Which saw have you got there?

Looks a bit older with that shape filter cover, but I can't tell on my phone.

Is that a little beech, still holding its leaves, over winter?

Sap will be up soon.

I may go to my buddy's up in VT for a week of sugaring if he needs help

Looks a beautiful day there, with blue skies and no snow on the ground! :nabble_smiley_good:

Which saw have you got there?

Looks a bit older with that shape filter cover, but I can't tell on my phone.

Is that a little beech, still holding its leaves, over winter?

Sap will be up soon.

I may go to my buddy's up in VT for a week of sugaring if he needs help

Beautiful day, which are rare this time of year in Ohio.

Yes that is a beech. Saw is a 290. Little small for stuff like this but with 20" bar and big bite chain it holds it's own.

I usually tap some trees myself but didn't get around to it this year. Sounds like a good trip to Vermont. Any ruffed grouse around those parts?

Beautiful day, which are rare this time of year in Ohio.

Yes that is a beech. Saw is a 290. Little small for stuff like this but with 20" bar and big bite chain it holds it's own.

I usually tap some trees myself but didn't get around to it this year. Sounds like a good trip to Vermont. Any ruffed grouse around those parts?

Ah! I had a 029 for a house/firewood saw for a few years!

Grouse where I am in SW Connecticut, or up in the Green Mountain State Forest???

We don't have much grouse this close to NYC. Don't see any pheasant or woodcock anymore either!

It's not at all like it was 40-50 years ago.

There's some birds around Bill's (in VT)

I see them, but I don't have an upland stamp or an out of state permit.

Ah! I had a 029 for a house/firewood saw for a few years!

Grouse where I am in SW Connecticut, or up in the Green Mountain State Forest???

We don't have much grouse this close to NYC. Don't see any pheasant or woodcock anymore either!

It's not at all like it was 40-50 years ago.

There's some birds around Bill's (in VT)

I see them, but I don't have an upland stamp or an out of state permit.

Yeah I meant in Vermont.

Ohio isn't any better for upland birds. My dad used to get a grouse or pheasant back in the 80s but those days are long gone. My bird trips generally take me west but at least one to the northeast would be on the bucket list.