Bullnose Forums

85 2wd C&C Dump 4x4 Conversion

bp17oang

Outer groove is for the thermactor air injection reaction pump(s).

They are jackbelted off the alternator.

Yeah, just saying for all those no longer with the air pumps and the desire to pair up the alt belts, it'd be nice if it was as easy as putting another on.

The L&L sure looks like the two are the same just visually with the one mostly obstructed by the belt.

I agree that you shouldn't need two belts in the normal usage scenario. Kind of a shame the outer (A/C) crank groove is smaller though in case one did want to run two.

The alternator pulley does have grooves the same size. It came off the 1g. The 2g had two different sizes. The 1g was shallower. Kind of is a shame, if those two front sheaves were the same size I could easily run two. Oh well I think it should work fine

Yeah, just saying for all those no longer with the air pumps and the desire to pair up the alt belts, it'd be nice if it was as easy as putting another on.

:nabble_smiley_blush:. I missed where you said 'outer crank groove'

I think my alternator pulley uses the outer sheave as driven.

So that would still be a conflict with the outer power steering/fan belt on the crank.

So that would still be a conflict with the outer power steering/fan belt on the crank.

No worries - my wife says I mumble sometimes :nabble_smiley_wink:

Bill - (referring to the wood photo) nice to see it already out there earning its keep! I am sure you've already said it but is it electric over hydraulic?

Jim - if yours does use the outer sheave on the alt, I'd be interested in seeing how yours is setup.

No worries - my wife says I mumble sometimes :nabble_smiley_wink:

Bill - (referring to the wood photo) nice to see it already out there earning its keep! I am sure you've already said it but is it electric over hydraulic?

Jim- it is electric over hydraulic. In fact I tried to hook it up yesterday and had some weird things happening with my electrical system... Starter relay got stuck my tach needle was bouncing around... So I must have a few things I need to check

Jim- it is electric over hydraulic. In fact I tried to hook it up yesterday and had some weird things happening with my electrical system... Starter relay got stuck my tach needle was bouncing around... So I must have a few things I need to check

That dump is a key part of the firewood business.

Do you have a second battery?

There should be a relay by the brake booster to bring it online when you engage the dump pump.

It might be that some of that wiring is chafed (and shorting to ground)

That dump is a key part of the firewood business.

Do you have a second battery?

There should be a relay by the brake booster to bring it online when you engage the dump pump.

It might be that some of that wiring is chafed (and shorting to ground)

Yeah Sort of defeats the purpose in the entire build if the bed doesn't work!

It does have a kill switch for the power by the ashtray. I haven't had time to look at anything this evening. I was going to start by unhooking the power cable to the relay and just hooking up the power to the hydraulic and doing some testing that way. And no it does not currently have a second battery

Yeah Sort of defeats the purpose in the entire build if the bed doesn't work!

It does have a kill switch for the power by the ashtray. I haven't had time to look at anything this evening. I was going to start by unhooking the power cable to the relay and just hooking up the power to the hydraulic and doing some testing that way. And no it does not currently have a second battery

Are the plastic nylon fuel lines on these metric???