Bullnose Forums

85 2wd C&C Dump 4x4 Conversion

bp17oang

Yikes. Yeah finding something like that at a junkyard in these parts is becoming, shall we say, challenging.

I have a 1345.

As for selling some of the 86 stuff to take out the sting, it doesn't appear I can give that stuff away unless it's a scrapyard

I'm sure you (or your scrap yard) can find a front driveshaft in the Hollander interchange.

If they don't have a driveshaft they can get it.

Maybe you can do some horse trading?

What condition is your 250 in?

A nice door is worth a driveshaft!

What about the transmission coming out of the C&C?

Make sure to get the tranny cover with the transfer case shifter hole out of the 250!

I'm sure you (or your scrap yard) can find a front driveshaft in the Hollander interchange.

Make sure to get the tranny cover with the transfer case shifter hole out of the 250!

Just about everything that's worth saving on the 250 is being used or kept. I have messed with these trucks long enough to know having a parts donor sitting around isn't a bad thing. Obviously the C&C 2wd suspension is on the auction block as well as the Dana 50 and the sterling rear axle. I'm also not going to get rid of much else until she's up and going.

The tranny and transfer shifter plate is out! 😉

I'll do some checking around maybe the drive shaft isn't as much of a unicorn as I first thought. My first text to someone said that he might have one

Oh and the tranny out of the 2wd is a 4 sp... So it gets to stay too

Just about everything that's worth saving on the 250 is being used or kept. I have messed with these trucks long enough to know having a parts donor sitting around isn't a bad thing. Obviously the C&C 2wd suspension is on the auction block as well as the Dana 50 and the sterling rear axle. I'm also not going to get rid of much else until she's up and going.

The tranny and transfer shifter plate is out! 😉

I'll do some checking around maybe the drive shaft isn't as much of a unicorn as I first thought. My first text to someone said that he might have one

350's are common enough.

There's no unicorn there.

You had me concerned a second when you spoke of scrapping the 250.

I've seen many times on the forum where someone parted a truck and tossed a key component without realizing it.

350's are common enough.

There's no unicorn there.

You had me concerned a second when you spoke of scrapping the 250.

I've seen many times on the forum where someone parted a truck and tossed a key component without realizing it.

Oh no. I was really just talking about those three major components the 2wfld suspension, the TTB, and the sterling. I know that I will have no use in any of those three things

Are you saving the T-19 for its guts?

Because it won't have the right tailshaft to bolt to the transfer case even if you pull off the housing.

True on T19 but I already have one with the correct tail shaft and transfer case adapter that's going in the truck so assuming that's not what breaks I could convert it to four-wheel drive