Bullnose Forums

85 2wd C&C Dump 4x4 Conversion

bp17oang

Looking gooood! :nabble_smiley_cool:

I don't think you would budge those springs with the dump you have on there.

Do you intend a utility box or anything else on that step you have?

Yes I'm going to put one on it. There was one on it but it was rotted out

It would take a lot. The helpers aren't even touching the perches.

Yes I'm going to put one on it. There was one on it but it was rotted out

It would take a lot. The helpers aren't even touching the perches.

The great thing is it is under it's own power and ready to earn it's keep!

Congratulations. :nabble_anim_handshake:

The great thing is it is under it's own power and ready to earn it's keep!

Congratulations. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Thank you... Everyone, for all your help and advice! Amazing group of guys. I've wanted a straight axle bullnose since I saw a crew cab with one 20 years ago. Now I have one... That I (and my daughter in the shop many hours) built!

Still have some things to tidy up, 3g alternator, utility box, a few wiring bugs, some interior stuff, and a set of tires...

I know it's not the end of the project but it sure is cool to drive her out of the shop!! 🍻

Thank you... Everyone, for all your help and advice! Amazing group of guys. I've wanted a straight axle bullnose since I saw a crew cab with one 20 years ago. Now I have one... That I (and my daughter in the shop many hours) built!

Still have some things to tidy up, 3g alternator, utility box, a few wiring bugs, some interior stuff, and a set of tires...

I know it's not the end of the project but it sure is cool to drive her out of the shop!! 🍻

Got my hands on a 3g alternator and wiring harness yesterday. The alternator appears to have been remanned and not used much ($50 for the pair! :nabble_smiley_good:). I didn't think it had any type of circuit protection but when I pull the wire loom off the end there is a fusable link.

The alternator I got is 130A small frame but it has the 10mm hole on the tab for the tensioner bracket. Thus, it is too big to tap 3/8 16. Does anyone see any reason I cannot just use the 3/8 bolt with a washer, lock washer and nut here?

For the record, the alternator was tagged indicating it was off a 2000 Taurus. The wiring harness was off a 95 F series.

Got my hands on a 3g alternator and wiring harness yesterday. The alternator appears to have been remanned and not used much ($50 for the pair! :nabble_smiley_good:). I didn't think it had any type of circuit protection but when I pull the wire loom off the end there is a fusable link.

The alternator I got is 130A small frame but it has the 10mm hole on the tab for the tensioner bracket. Thus, it is too big to tap 3/8 16. Does anyone see any reason I cannot just use the 3/8 bolt with a washer, lock washer and nut here?

For the record, the alternator was tagged indicating it was off a 2000 Taurus. The wiring harness was off a 95 F series.

You can use a nut & bolt, but I usually Helicoil those later alternators,

because I find it too challenging to hold tension with a pry bar and use two 9/16 combination wrenches.

Small housing or narrow mount???

Small housing (135mm) would be the four hole 95A alternator.

7" C-C mount is from the 3.0l V-6

You can use a nut & bolt, but I usually Helicoil those later alternators,

because I find it too challenging to hold tension with a pry bar and use two 9/16 combination wrenches.

Small housing or narrow mount???

Small housing (135mm) would be the four hole 95A alternator.

7" C-C mount is from the 3.0l V-6

Yes, I misspoke... large housing with the narrower 7" hole mount.

Fair point on the helicoil vs bolt...

Thanks for the tip

Yes, I misspoke... large housing with the narrower 7" hole mount.

Fair point on the helicoil vs bolt...

Thanks for the tip

Any thoughts, part numbers or other tips for running the 3G with dual v belts?

My current setup has a crank pulley with four sheaves. Unfortunately the two outer (closest to the front) sheaves are different sizes which are the ones that line up with my 3G alternator.

The other 460 has a three sheave crank pulley.

Thanks

Any thoughts, part numbers or other tips for running the 3G with dual v belts?

My current setup has a crank pulley with four sheaves. Unfortunately the two outer (closest to the front) sheaves are different sizes which are the ones that line up with my 3G alternator.

The other 460 has a three sheave crank pulley.

Thanks

Gary was looking into this before he decided to go with a polygroove front dress.

Perhaps he has some numbers for the front crank pulleys?

I have been using mine with a single belt and it's been fine with a Load Response Control regulator.