Bullnose Forums

85 2wd C&C Dump 4x4 Conversion

bp17oang

Do you have a picture, showing the blocks and how the helpers sit?

I've only ever seen the factory 350 4X4 4" blocks, and they didn't seem to pitch the helpers like that.

It must be a great feeling, knowing there is light at the end of your driveline situation. :nabble_anim_jump:

IMG_20210414_170044_01.jpg.970ef6498a0abff5b477ea1d8f20611d.jpg

Rear

IMG_20210414_170045_01.jpg.160fe2473a6131ae096aa71c58e76472.jpg

Front

IMG_20210414_170045_02.jpg.f357bcbafc3f19f6b0ae06eb387cbc74.jpg

Block

And yes, it does feel good for sure. At least it's getting close to being a functional truck. I dropped off my driveshafts yesterday as well. He can make a rear one out of my multiple pieces and I'm having him replace the joints in the cardan while it's out.

Rear

Front

Block

And yes, it does feel good for sure. At least it's getting close to being a functional truck. I dropped off my driveshafts yesterday as well. He can make a rear one out of my multiple pieces and I'm having him replace the joints in the cardan while it's out.

10 stack plus 3 helpers?!?!

Should be a nice progressive spring rate. :nabble_smiley_good:

I don't think anything of having the helper closer at the rear.

It might point the pinion up a bit with a load, but it also might help combat spring wrap.

10 stack plus 3 helpers?!?!

Should be a nice progressive spring rate. :nabble_smiley_good:

I don't think anything of having the helper closer at the rear.

It might point the pinion up a bit with a load, but it also might help combat spring wrap.

12 + 4 actually. Total spring rating of 11500 lbs. Should ride like a caddie!! 😂

Okay I was trying not to lose sleep over those hangers being like that. I guess the main thing I was thinking about was driving down the road and that helper beating off the bracket. But honestly how would that be any different than if it were loaded and sitting on the helpers and bouncing up and down

12 + 4 actually. Total spring rating of 11500 lbs. Should ride like a caddie!! 😂

Okay I was trying not to lose sleep over those hangers being like that. I guess the main thing I was thinking about was driving down the road and that helper beating off the bracket. But honestly how would that be any different than if it were loaded and sitting on the helpers and bouncing up and down

16188535766296302858607016698502.jpg.1d81dccbe0218f49ecd6ff87a753b39f.jpg

Ahhh what a relief to have this bad boy!

Not sure if it will help any but I have the shafts from my 80 c&c on the back of the truck right now (along with a 96 c&c set). I am not sure those parts will have any numbers on them though.

So that photo is of the rear one you have (or will be used as your rear one)? What did it come out of?

Importance of rear sway bar assembly on a dually with 16 leaf springs? If I am going to use it I will need links and mounts that bolt to the frame (2wd are different).

[EDIT] Actually... since I moved it out of the shop I keep forgetting I have a 4X4 chassis sitting outside. Duh. Those mounts might work off of it.

Importance of rear sway bar assembly on a dually with 16 leaf springs? If I am going to use it I will need links and mounts that bolt to the frame (2wd are different).

[EDIT] Actually... since I moved it out of the shop I keep forgetting I have a 4X4 chassis sitting outside. Duh. Those mounts might work off of it.

Unless you are going to be carrying weight up high, like a camper, I don't think the sway bars are important at all. I disconnected them on Big Blue soon after getting the truck and that improved the ride quite a bit. And when I put the D60 in I didn't add that sway bar. So I'm running w/o sway bars and don't seem to have any problems.

Unless you are going to be carrying weight up high, like a camper, I don't think the sway bars are important at all. I disconnected them on Big Blue soon after getting the truck and that improved the ride quite a bit. And when I put the D60 in I didn't add that sway bar. So I'm running w/o sway bars and don't seem to have any problems.

Thanks Gary.