Bullnose Forums

85 2wd C&C Dump 4x4 Conversion

bp17oang

Yes. I just plugged in the 2g harness. Thought I would at least be able to crank it over

You need to connect the new fused alternator cable (and every other fusible link) to the battery post of the starter relay.

The starter cable goes to the other lug, and the small red/blue wire with the push on connector goes to the little 'S' terminal.

I don't think anything connects to the little 'I' terminal on your truck.

You need to connect the new fused alternator cable (and every other fusible link) to the battery post of the starter relay.

The starter cable goes to the other lug, and the small red/blue wire with the push on connector goes to the little 'S' terminal.

I don't think anything connects to the little 'I' terminal on your truck.

Did you make up the green/white/yellow regulator plug the way it is discussed in the tutorial?

The whole mess of old alternator wiring goes in the trash where it belongs.

EXCEPT the green wire, that needs to go to the new regulator plug and provide 'exciter' current to the field windings.

You want tabs Wiring It/Wiring Changes/Ammeter/2G and then Monitoring At The Battery is best.

If someone (john) has a choke relay powered from the hot lug there's no real reason not to split it's 87 terminal and use it to provide the hot leg of a Rocketman voltmeter.

There isn't going to be any appreciable voltage drop between battery and the mass of harness connections at the starter relay.

You want tabs Wiring It/Wiring Changes/Ammeter/2G and then Monitoring At The Battery is best.

Sounds like I just ought to pump the brakes and do the full 3g conversion and be done with it. I just was getting antsy and wanted to hear it pop off!

Sounds like I just ought to pump the brakes and do the full 3g conversion and be done with it. I just was getting antsy and wanted to hear it pop off!

I guess I'm not picking up what you're laying down.... 🤔

What had you done, that kept the starter from activating?

I guess I'm not picking up what you're laying down.... 🤔

What had you done, that kept the starter from activating?

Connected everything. Hooked the battery up. Hooked all the grounds up except the hood strap. No power anywhere in the cab as far as I can tell..