Bullnose Forums

85 2wd C&C Dump 4x4 Conversion

bp17oang

Question on the 3G alternator conversion. After reading Gary's information section, it appears I need a small case (90A) unit (I am using stock V belts).

What common donors would be appropriate for that particular unit and wiring harness assembly?

I see a listing for the 130A donors, but not for the smaller housing units.

Thanks

Nope, the 8.25" C-C 130A fits just fine. These are found on 3.8l V-6 Tauruses from '91-94

The 90A is only required for the serpentine Windsors, and even then you can use a 130 if you are willing to do a little clearancing of the cast aluminium cradle with an angle or die grinder

But that one must be 7" C-C. (3.0l V-6)

Nope, the 8.25" C-C 130A fits just fine. These are found on 3.8l V-6 Tauruses from '91-94

The 90A is only required for the serpentine Windsors, and even then you can use a 130 if you are willing to do a little clearancing of the cast aluminium cradle with an angle or die grinder

You need to make two modifications.

Tap or helicoil the adjuster ear 3/8-16

Flatten the offset in the J shaped adjuster arm by 1/4" because the boss you just threaded is 1/4 thicker on the 3G

Sometimes I am dyslexic when reading stuff...

:nabble_anim_crazy:

Thanks!

If you can, try to get the regulator pigtail, charging cable and the Megafuse+holder on the end of the cable.

Any questions just ask.

Got a line on one with all the wiring out of a 95 F150 with a 4.9. Looks like that might work...

Got a line on one with all the wiring out of a 95 F150 with a 4.9. Looks like that might work...

It may be a 90A (135mm case, four holes between the ribs in the front cover) but it should work fine and eliminate the fire prone output plug of the 2G.

I'm not sure what the 90 puts out at idle, but it's got to be a big improvement. :nabble_smiley_good: