Bullnose Forum

85 2wd C&C Dump 4x4 Conversion

bp17oang

To be clear I am referring to specifically to the end yokes, not the output shafts.

My theory and what I'm being told is while the output shafts might be different between any of the three of those as far as length or other aspects the splines and diameter might not be.

Idk if you still need to know, I slightly skimmed and saw that you got a yoke BUT my NP208 and 1345 yokes did interchange. Same height, same diameter. I had a 208 in my Bronco and it went out. It came with a 1345 when I bought it but the rear yoke was different. I tried to take my old yoke off and swap, didn't go. Noticed the splines were square instead of tapered and 31 instead of 32. (Recently from messing around with yokes after I got another transfer case, I found out that the 1345 that came with the Bronco had 31 square splines on the rear and the 32 tapered splines on the front. No idea why they're different.) I bought another 1345 that still didn't bolt up but the rear double cardan BUT took the yoke off and it had 32 tapered just like the NP208. I swapped them out and good to go.

Idk if you still need to know, I slightly skimmed and saw that you got a yoke BUT my NP208 and 1345 yokes did interchange. Same height, same diameter. I had a 208 in my Bronco and it went out. It came with a 1345 when I bought it but the rear yoke was different. I tried to take my old yoke off and swap, didn't go. Noticed the splines were square instead of tapered and 31 instead of 32. (Recently from messing around with yokes after I got another transfer case, I found out that the 1345 that came with the Bronco had 31 square splines on the rear and the 32 tapered splines on the front. No idea why they're different.) I bought another 1345 that still didn't bolt up but the rear double cardan BUT took the yoke off and it had 32 tapered just like the NP208. I swapped them out and good to go.

This is why I keep saying it is all about application.

There are dozens of variants, depending on which manufacturer and model the transfer case was intended for.

Shafts won't swap between models and manufacturers but a 1345 could be found in anything from a Bronco to a dump truck.

Slip, fixed or flange yokes. Different shaft diameters and spline counts.

And then Spicer has to come up with whatever goes in between.

Anyway, it looks closer every day. :nabble_anim_jump:

This is why I keep saying it is all about application.

There are dozens of variants, depending on which manufacturer and model the transfer case was intended for.

Shafts won't swap between models and manufacturers but a 1345 could be found in anything from a Bronco to a dump truck.

Slip, fixed or flange yokes. Different shaft diameters and spline counts.

And then Spicer has to come up with whatever goes in between.

Anyway, it looks closer every day. :nabble_anim_jump:

All very true. I will not allege to know much about anything, but I do know the yoke I got was listed a "1330 Series CV Yoke for 203/205 front output T Case yoke" and it does fit my 1345. I realize there are aspects of that front output "shafts" between those two transfer cases that are different, but what sticks out of the transfer case that the yoke connects to must be the same (at least between my specific 1345 and a NP 203/205).

I also know Shawn (at Tom Wood's Custom Driveshafts) was very glad that I had a 32 spline. He insinuated 31 spline situations are not favorable for the double cardan application.

Weberman- To be clear, are you talking specifically about rear outputs/yokes on Bronco application? Just wondering for reference.

Wish I could post a video... There have been a lot of triumphs in this little project been hearing her run sounded pretty doggone good! :nabble_anim_claps:

Wish I could post a video... There have been a lot of triumphs in this little project been hearing her run sounded pretty doggone good! :nabble_anim_claps:

You can post a video. Save it to Youtube, say Share, and copy the embed code. Come here and tick the Message Is In HTML Format box to the upper left, and paste it in.