Bullnose Forums

What is the correlation between the recent increase in Bullnose pricing and Bullnose Forum and Bullnose bible?

Go to Documentation/Specifications/Interior Paint. There you'll find several things. First, NO ONE has the correct paint for any (Edit) FACTORY color on the shelf. It is all mixed when needed. Second, there's a link to Vinyl Pro on there, and they are superb to work with. Last, the Spruce # is on there.

Good timing on this post. Used vehicles, especially 80’s and 90’s, are going through the roof on craigslist!

Somebody had an 86, I believe it was, square bodied Chevy for sale. Looked nice, but I chuckled because he was asking $12,500 for it, then thought he might just get it.

Good timing on this post. Used vehicles, especially 80’s and 90’s, are going through the roof on craigslist!

Somebody had an 86, I believe it was, square bodied Chevy for sale. Looked nice, but I chuckled because he was asking $12,500 for it, then thought he might just get it.

And I thought the small bodied '70's Broncos were getting out of hand....

Gary, do you know of a place that mixes the spruce color? I have only ever been able to find the usual suspects

I see a decent amount of spruce and perhaps some other year’s shade of green (is there a turquoise perhaps?) at the junk yards periodically. More often than nutmeg. I think I may start to pull the good parts for myself to then sell on eBay. I oddly enjoy the time spent in the junkyard.

I think a big part is that all vehicles seem to devalue until some inflection point, at which point they start increasing again. It seems to be around the 40 yr mark. I originally wanted a circa 1968 pickup but they were already around 10k in 2018 when I started looking. Bull noses were the oldest I could get before the price started to jump ,and I knew it would only be a matter of time...

And I thought the small bodied '70's Broncos were getting out of hand....

THEY ARE...

I've seen them routinely on Ebay with asking prices of $75,000 or more.

Thank you Icon!

When a restomod 'beater buggy' becomes a fashion statement some people cash in, some people's dreams are shattered.

Look at the roller coaster 911 Porsche's have been on thanks to the like of Singer.

Thank you Icon!

When a restomod 'beater buggy' becomes a fashion statement some people cash in, some people's dreams are shattered.

Look at the roller coaster 911 Porsche's have been on thanks to the like of Singer.

Don't forget the $400K ICON 1970 F-100. It is a very nice looking truck, and got all kinds of rave reviews, but I doubt it would do what Big Blue will.

Don't forget the $400K ICON 1970 F-100. It is a very nice looking truck, and got all kinds of rave reviews, but I doubt it would do what Big Blue will.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

All of the sudden everybody's clapped out, rusty hunk of :nabble_poo-23_orig: is "$40k... no low ballers!... I know what I got here!!!"

And it continues to sink back into their side yard, as the vines envelop it again, until next season.

When it's magically worth more! Because.... reasons. (And a lot of bad TV auction hype)

Screw these guys.

Go back to your bottle.

That's why you haven't been able to drive for the past decade.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

All of the sudden everybody's clapped out, rusty hunk of :nabble_poo-23_orig: is "$40k... no low ballers!... I know what I got here!!!"

And it continues to sink back into their side yard, as the vines envelop it again, until next season.

When it's magically worth more! Because.... reasons. (And a lot of bad TV auction hype)

Screw these guys.

Go back to your bottle.

That's why you haven't been able to drive for the past decade.

Basically this thread and Cory's Appreciation for hard work is fading, and old cars aren’t easy (Leno) thread are two peas in the same pod. It takes a LOT of work to put anything back in shape, and even more work to "restomod" one.

Saying it another way, there are many factors that come into play with the rise of the popularity of our Bullnose trucks. One is that they were at a low spot in the price curve, so people could buy them to build up.

Another is the rise of technology, like social media, forums, and websites, that let us share ideas, find documentation, and encourage each other to transform the trucks.

And yet another is the likes of ICON which show the world what can be done with them, albeit at a major cost.

Then there's the weird stuff going on with buying everything right now. Houses are going for more than the asking price in 24 hours. RVs & boats are selling like hot cakes. And apparently all of that has spilled over into automotive projects.

Basically this thread and Cory's Appreciation for hard work is fading, and old cars aren’t easy (Leno) thread are two peas in the same pod. It takes a LOT of work to put anything back in shape, and even more work to "restomod" one.

Saying it another way, there are many factors that come into play with the rise of the popularity of our Bullnose trucks. One is that they were at a low spot in the price curve, so people could buy them to build up.

Another is the rise of technology, like social media, forums, and websites, that let us share ideas, find documentation, and encourage each other to transform the trucks.

And yet another is the likes of ICON which show the world what can be done with them, albeit at a major cost.

Then there's the weird stuff going on with buying everything right now. Houses are going for more than the asking price in 24 hours. RVs & boats are selling like hot cakes. And apparently all of that has spilled over into automotive projects.

Social media is nothing but a hype machine.

It doesn't add value to anything, just puts 'influencers' in everybody's face.

And in the infamous words of PT Barnum "There's a sucker born every minute!"

Have you ever taken a hard look at how much you have into Big Blue? :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Really.

Considering shop rate hours are $100 for a service tech to change out brake pads or a filter.

I know you don't want to go public with it, and keeping Janey in the dark is a given.

But have you ever scratched your chin and thought, X times 100 + Y add Z and carry the 7 = ?

I know it makes you happy and keeps you busy.

I'm not asking about personal reward.

Social media is nothing but a hype machine.

It doesn't add value to anything, just puts 'influencers' in everybody's face.

And in the infamous words of PT Barnum "There's a sucker born every minute!"

Have you ever taken a hard look at how much you have into Big Blue? :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Really.

Considering shop rate hours are $100 for a service tech to change out brake pads or a filter.

I know you don't want to go public with it, and keeping Janey in the dark is a given.

But have you ever scratched your chin and thought, X times 100 + Y add Z and carry the 7 = ?

I know it makes you happy and keeps you busy.

I'm not asking about personal reward.

No, I haven't and I'm not going to figure out how much I have in my trucks. I don't want to know. It is my hobby and that's what I want to do. :nabble_smiley_wink:

As for social media being "nothing but a hype machine", that is certainly true in some cases. However, I've seen many, many cases where people have helped others figure things out that they wouldn't have otherwise. And in that respect it can act just like a forum.

Yesterday someone asked on Bullnose Fords 80-86 what SD springs people are using with SAS and RSK. I was able to tell him that my U-code springs are working out well and what I have "up front" in the truck. Very much like it would have been on here.

And last night another guy asked me via FB Messenger if a D50 TTB can be put in place of a D44 HD TTB. I couldn't answer because the documentation doesn't tell if the parts will swap. So he posted on FB and a guy came back saying they won't. That the D50 TTBs are shorter and the brackets mount in a different place than the D44s, and the holes aren't there in the frame.

So social media can be very helpful. But it can also be a real problem.