Bullnose Forums

Dual snorkle air duct size

I'm noticing that the dual snorkel inlets have a second carb heat inlet. I guess both exhaust manifolds are supposed to be equipped with shrouds for the ducts then? Is there an aftermarket source for the shrouds?

Lucas

There are cheap little connectors that you can buy...I believe from Hedman that clamp on to headers with a hose clamp, and give you a place to attach a heat riser tube. For some reason I absolutely cannot find them online right now (I had a picture of it saved though, see below).

I bought two new hoses at CarQuest...I think 2", and clamped them to the spouts on the snorkels, and they just hang on top of my headers...just barely resting on the upper tube, and they stay put no problem.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n90016/ex_q80_w960_h600_ffffff_24512.jpg

I connected my heat riser hoses to my headers just like this. When I bought my Thorley tri-Y headers, they actually came with one connector to clamp on the header for this purpose, and I purchased another one from them to use for the other side. I don't think they sell these anymore. I didn't clamp the hoses to the air cleaner snorkels, though; they are rigid and tight enough to stay in place without clamps. And it makes removal of the air cleaner possible without tools.

The aftermarket hot air stove for my choke works in the same way. A little dome clamps to the exhaust header, and the air tubes connect into the dome to collect hot air off of the header to calibrate the choke. It works very well:

100_0271.jpg.d563f118bfc9a681a65d142349323276.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't clamp the hoses to the air cleaner snorkels, though; they are rigid and tight enough to stay in place without clamps. And it makes removal of the air cleaner possible without tools.

I think I'll try this out. I've replaced this tube a couple of times already after it comes apart where it clamps to the underside of the snorkel.

Thanks,

LD