Bullnose Forums

Dual snorkle air duct size

I got my second one from a fellow forum member. Post up a wanted ad, you might find some that way. A lot of people dress up their engine bays and remove those ducts, so they're laying around out there.

And that fellow forum member was notified of your need by the leader of the forum! :nabble_smiley_wink:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the best way to attach them the the core support?

I have nothing to attach the ducts to at this point.

The assembly [E3TZ-9A624-D; E3TE-9C675-DC] looks like this new old stock one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OUT-OF-BOX-E3TE-9C675-DC-Air-Intake-Hose-1983-1987-F150-350-302-351-460-V8/184599983545?fits=Year%3A1983%7CModel%3AF-150&hash=item2afb0435b9:g:E90AAOSwJrZf6mGU

I got my second one from a fellow forum member. Post up a wanted ad, you might find some that way. A lot of people dress up their engine bays and remove those ducts, so they're laying around out there.

And that fellow forum member was notified of your need by the leader of the forum! :nabble_smiley_wink::nabble_anim_handshake:

Rick used a set of ducts from a Jeep...

And I bought the exact same ones for my 5.0 as well. I test fitted them below with the old air cleaner, but they're not currently on the truck.

They came from Quadratec...I'll see if I can find the p/n for ya. Edit...here you go:

https://www.quadratec.com/products/51303_03.htm

I've looked at these Jeep ones before and they look very similar, but was nervous about buying one and having it not fit. When looking at it, I figured they would fit the plastic intake that mounts to the radiator support. Looks like it fits on the air cleaner side as well! My ducting is ripped in several places and it doesn't attach to the air cleaner very nicely. Thanks for posting this Cory, this looks like a good replacement.

Rick used a set of ducts from a Jeep...

And I bought the exact same ones for my 5.0 as well. I test fitted them below with the old air cleaner, but they're not currently on the truck.

They came from Quadratec...I'll see if I can find the p/n for ya. Edit...here you go:

https://www.quadratec.com/products/51303_03.htm

I'm noticing that the dual snorkel inlets have a second carb heat inlet. I guess both exhaust manifolds are supposed to be equipped with shrouds for the ducts then? Is there an aftermarket source for the shrouds?

Lucas

What is the best way to attach them the the core support?

I have nothing to attach the ducts to at this point.

The assembly [E3TZ-9A624-D; E3TE-9C675-DC] looks like this new old stock one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OUT-OF-BOX-E3TE-9C675-DC-Air-Intake-Hose-1983-1987-F150-350-302-351-460-V8/184599983545?fits=Year%3A1983%7CModel%3AF-150&hash=item2afb0435b9:g:E90AAOSwJrZf6mGU

Which is now sold!

I'm noticing that the dual snorkel inlets have a second carb heat inlet. I guess both exhaust manifolds are supposed to be equipped with shrouds for the ducts then? Is there an aftermarket source for the shrouds?

Lucas

My plan on the heat source is to just use one shroud as finding good shrouds for the original side is hard, and finding one for the other side is probably impossible. However, you can make a shroud if you really want to.

But when the engine is cold you really shouldn't be using much throttle, so heat from one shroud should suffice. And I plan to close off the hot-air intake on the driver's side so it won't be sucking cold air. That way the air temp controller will be able to close off the inlets and get warm air.

Lucas

There are cheap little connectors that you can buy...I believe from Hedman that clamp on to headers with a hose clamp, and give you a place to attach a heat riser tube. For some reason I absolutely cannot find them online right now (I had a picture of it saved though, see below).

I bought two new hoses at CarQuest...I think 2", and clamped them to the spouts on the snorkels, and they just hang on top of my headers...just barely resting on the upper tube, and they stay put no problem.

ex_q80_w960_h600_ffffff_24512.thumb.jpg.0b681be9179667e4983c52d83928678c.jpg

Lucas

There are cheap little connectors that you can buy...I believe from Hedman that clamp on to headers with a hose clamp, and give you a place to attach a heat riser tube. For some reason I absolutely cannot find them online right now (I had a picture of it saved though, see below).

I bought two new hoses at CarQuest...I think 2", and clamped them to the spouts on the snorkels, and they just hang on top of my headers...just barely resting on the upper tube, and they stay put no problem.

Those are neat, Cory. Looks like a good solution.

Lucas

I also just let the duct hang down on top of the manifold. It also stays put, but I always wonder if it's really doing much without the shroud. With the shroud, it would collect heat over a much larger surface area.

LD