Bullnose Forums

Has anyone here built a bullnose into a welding rig?

That's a ways downwards from me I'm way up in the NW corner.

My uncle from Lakeville just passed.

I know a little about the Berkshire corner (at least from Sharon hospital to Lime Rock)

So what type of welding?

Pipelines aren't a big thing up here.

Structural steel is a thing, as is fleet service.

Consider that utility bodies are made for straight rail trucks (Cab & Chassis) which have an entirely different spacing, spring width, gearing choices, 3 1/2" x 12 1/4" drums, etc...

It's definitely wise of you to be figuring out exactly what you need before committing to a dead end path.

• 3 weeks later...

My uncle from Lakeville just passed.

I know a little about the Berkshire corner (at least from Sharon hospital to Lime Rock)

So what type of welding?

Pipelines aren't a big thing up here.

Structural steel is a thing, as is fleet service.

Consider that utility bodies are made for straight rail trucks (Cab & Chassis) which have an entirely different spacing, spring width, gearing choices, 3 1/2" x 12 1/4" drums, etc...

It's definitely wise of you to be figuring out exactly what you need before committing to a dead end path.

My day job is welding pipe for a mechanical contractor, usually in powerplants. The truck is mainly just to do as a cool project, probably just odd jobs for heavy equipment or farmers or whatever, I don't neccesarily want to start a huge business or anything, so I suppose I don't really need anything per say.

We do a little bit of pipeline up here, mainly gate stations and stuff, there's been a big push from the NG transmission companies who want to try and drive the nuke out of business, so they've built a bunch of new gas plants in the state over the last 10 years. I don't like it, I'd rather stay nuclear, but I do what pays the bills.