Bullnose Forums

Quality Cab Mounts/suspension

delco1946

Pulled the trigger. I won’t have my truck back for a while, but I’ll report back (eventually) on these. The reviews seem to be excellent with ongoing product improvement so the only significant complaint related to the included bolts being too short for some may no longer be an issue (I hope).

It feels a bit comforting when spending this kind of money knowing that these trucks are starting to pull 15 - 25k for excellent condition specimens.

Yes, at the values we are starting to see, setting up our trucks to be here for the long haul seems more reasonable.

Please tell us what you think of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Pulled the trigger. I won’t have my truck back for a while, but I’ll report back (eventually) on these. The reviews seem to be excellent with ongoing product improvement so the only significant complaint related to the included bolts being too short for some may no longer be an issue (I hope).

It feels a bit comforting when spending this kind of money knowing that these trucks are starting to pull 15 - 25k for excellent condition specimens.

Wasn't money I was wanting to spend but pulled the trigger just now as well. Been driving the truck a lot this week especially around town and the creaking/groaning/popping is just too much. Now I am really hoping it's the poly mounts. Will throw them under the 80 1 ton sometime - figure the ride in that one can't get any rougher.

Wasn't money I was wanting to spend but pulled the trigger just now as well. Been driving the truck a lot this week especially around town and the creaking/groaning/popping is just too much. Now I am really hoping it's the poly mounts. Will throw them under the 80 1 ton sometime - figure the ride in that one can't get any rougher.

I sure hope your guys' satisfaction matches the price point on these, and that I didn't make the recommendation at the expense of your pockets! I'll be looking forward to the reviews, pretty sure I'm going to hire out paint and body this summer but I still won't see the benefit of these for a while.

I sure hope your guys' satisfaction matches the price point on these, and that I didn't make the recommendation at the expense of your pockets! I'll be looking forward to the reviews, pretty sure I'm going to hire out paint and body this summer but I still won't see the benefit of these for a while.

Scuffed pucks are free at the local rink. :nabble_smiley_what:

Somehow $455/6 seems a bit unreasonable for a cab mount under an almost 40 year old truck.

But I guess this goes back to the what's it worth debate, or Gary's idea of insurance coverage for Big Blue.

Scuffed pucks are free at the local rink. :nabble_smiley_what:

I used to see hockey puck body lifts all the time years ago...lol. They were noticeable on the old Jeep CJ-7's.

Of course you did. It's your national pastime.... playing hockey.

(Notice I was careful to avoid 'Lacrosse' :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig: )

Just pointing out that ~$75 each is as absurd as paying $0 and expecting compliance.

Both will do the job.

Bryan - you and me both :nabble_smiley_happy:

I called and spoke to them yesterday asking some general questions since it's not a small purchase. Very friendly and helpful.

Been driving the truck a lot this week especially around town and the creaking/groaning/popping is just too much. Now I am really hoping it's the poly mounts. Will throw them under the 80 1 ton sometime - figure the ride in that one can't get any rougher.

Did you grease the polyurethane surfaces contacting metal?

Been driving the truck a lot this week especially around town and the creaking/groaning/popping is just too much. Now I am really hoping it's the poly mounts. Will throw them under the 80 1 ton sometime - figure the ride in that one can't get any rougher.

Did you grease the polyurethane surfaces contacting metal?

The sway bar bushings, yes but no on the body mounts.

It's a good question and I've seen some say yes, some say no. Most I've seen saying yes refer to squeaking. Mine is definitely more of a popping/groaning noise.

Instructions don't mention it and here is Gary's experience.

My thought process on it is that I wouldn't want the bushings to move against the fame or body but rather the bushings should flex. Which with polyurethane it pushes more of that responsibility to the suspension and when that doesn't do it, the body.

What are you thinking? Should they get grease?

It's very possible that even with these new mounts I will still have the issue (hope not though :nabble_smiley_beam:) and will have to start removing things. The mounts just seem like the most likely culprit.