Bullnose Forums

1980/81 sliding door lock project

I'm going to make some soon for Aztommy, are you interested in metal? If not I can ship you the CAD so you can do SLA, it's no big deal.

What college? Just curious, I am the director of additive at Ohio States Center for Design and Manufacturing Excellence.

I don't think I can justify spending that much on metal right now, I am more just interested in the CAD. What kind of metal printers do you run?

I go to Gannon University, and we recently got an Xact Metal printer, which we have used to manufacture some pretty neat stuff.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I can justify spending that much on metal right now, I am more just interested in the CAD. What kind of metal printers do you run?

I go to Gannon University, and we recently got an Xact Metal printer, which we have used to manufacture some pretty neat stuff.

Okay, shoot me an email and I'll send you the files. I assume you want the STL and SLDPRT files... ?

That's great, I wasn't familiar with Gannon U. I started Open Additive in my previous job, didn't own it but created the tech. So Xact used to be a competitor, hopefully you guys have the galvo-based system. Xact is using the best galvos in the industry on that thing. At OSU we have Open Additive, Aconity, AddUp, EOS, and Concept Laser in laser powder bed fusion. We have other metal technologies too, DED, E-beam powder, ultrasonic, binderjet, etc. We're about to receive our 14th metal printer. Then in my personal company I have 3 EOS machines, a Concept Laser X-Line, and an Open Additive, plus a few "parts" machines. You and/or your group are welcome to visit anytime or discuss collaboration.

Anyway, midtec2005@hotmail.com will work.

Okay, shoot me an email and I'll send you the files. I assume you want the STL and SLDPRT files... ?

That's great, I wasn't familiar with Gannon U. I started Open Additive in my previous job, didn't own it but created the tech. So Xact used to be a competitor, hopefully you guys have the galvo-based system. Xact is using the best galvos in the industry on that thing. At OSU we have Open Additive, Aconity, AddUp, EOS, and Concept Laser in laser powder bed fusion. We have other metal technologies too, DED, E-beam powder, ultrasonic, binderjet, etc. We're about to receive our 14th metal printer. Then in my personal company I have 3 EOS machines, a Concept Laser X-Line, and an Open Additive, plus a few "parts" machines. You and/or your group are welcome to visit anytime or discuss collaboration.

Hey any chance you're selling the stl? I'd love to be able to print some in plastic as metal is a little out of my budget right now.

I sent you an email from my school email the other day, but thinking it might not have went through, so I re-emailed from my personal account today.

• 2 weeks later...

I sent you an email from my school email the other day, but thinking it might not have went through, so I re-emailed from my personal account today.

I would love to get the STL file for these locks so I can print on an Ender 3 in plastic

I've got an 1981 F-150 based motorhome I am working on and need the driver side. Happy to pay for the file or for a plastic printed bezel. Any info is appreciated, thank you!

• 2 months later...

Hey I don't know how I missed this reply, but I haven't seen the email you sent. Think you could give it another go? Thanks a ton!

• 2 weeks later...
Hello sir! I recently laid hands on a 1980 F150. My brother in law isn’t the handy one when it comes to vehicles and he was tired of spending money to maintain it so he let me have it for a steal. I’ve been cleaning her up and fixing/upgrading everything on her where and when I can. One of the things I’m missing is the passenger side sliding lock piece. I have the metal plate, but the plastic pieces on that one were glued and gave way when I removed the panel to replace the door lock cylinder. I was wondering if you would be willing to send me the STL files for the interior slide lock piece so I could hopefully print a new one and get rid of the unsightly hole I currently have. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi All,

I'm about to make some 316 SS locks for AZtommy.

If I can get another buyer for the 316 version I can probably sell them at $150. That would save him some money and get whoever else wants one a good deal.

The print will happen in the coming week, so let me know. I may even make Tommys today, but I'm not certain I'll get to it in time.

Hi All,

I'm about to make some 316 SS locks for AZtommy.

If I can get another buyer for the 316 version I can probably sell them at $150. That would save him some money and get whoever else wants one a good deal.

The print will happen in the coming week, so let me know. I may even make Tommys today, but I'm not certain I'll get to it in time.

Thanks John.

I appreciate your response to my notification. 👍