Bullnose Forums

1980/81 sliding door lock project

Congrats on owning your own company! Looking forward to seeing what all you create.

Red1980F150 or anyone,

Does anyone have the 3D print file for these slide lock assemblies? I'd love to work with a couple of my friends to get some of these printed to try out in my '80 F150 custom that is missing them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Daniel

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I've had some business developments over the past several months and now I own my own company for metal 3D printing. This means I don't have to rent time on a machine. So, I can pretty safely quote these parts in 316 Stainless Steel for $200 per complete set (both doors). Still expensive, but not too bad really, and we can customize the locks to have your name, the name of the truck, etc. inset into the lock, or whatever you want (like I did with NAMPros, above).

I can also do plastic for a lot less $. It'll be less durable, of course, but probably still better than the factory solution since my redesign bolts together. I'll talk to my partner, he has more experience quoting plastic jobs, but I would envision it being quite a bit cheaper.

I'm hoping I might be able to help as we find more parts on these trucks that are not sold anymore.

I need a set for 1980 f150

Hey guys,

I've had some business developments over the past several months and now I own my own company for metal 3D printing. This means I don't have to rent time on a machine. So, I can pretty safely quote these parts in 316 Stainless Steel for $200 per complete set (both doors). Still expensive, but not too bad really, and we can customize the locks to have your name, the name of the truck, etc. inset into the lock, or whatever you want (like I did with NAMPros, above).

I can also do plastic for a lot less $. It'll be less durable, of course, but probably still better than the factory solution since my redesign bolts together. I'll talk to my partner, he has more experience quoting plastic jobs, but I would envision it being quite a bit cheaper.

I'm hoping I might be able to help as we find more parts on these trucks that are not sold anymore.

I need a set for 1980 f150

Please contact me

Hey guys,

Contact me please

Contact me please

Gary,

The email worked!

If you guys are okay with plastic then I can make a few for you, no charge, to print with a basic material like PLA, just get shipping for me.

I have 5 metal printers now and could make these out of Titanium, Aluminum, Copper, or Inconel (nickel, mostly), but you have probably seen the cost previously in the thread.

John

Gary,

The email worked!

If you guys are okay with plastic then I can make a few for you, no charge, to print with a basic material like PLA, just get shipping for me.

I have 5 metal printers now and could make these out of Titanium, Aluminum, Copper, or Inconel (nickel, mostly), but you have probably seen the cost previously in the thread.

John

Have you tried abs? I'd be concerned with the longevity of pla due to the heat.

Have you tried abs? I'd be concerned with the longevity of pla due to the heat.

You're dead on, even if heat isn't a problem moisture and UV are. I just don't have ABS. PETG might work too?

Honestly, I wouldn't be against just buying some ABS or PETG. Let's see what color these guys want.

I have a friend who might be able to do Nylon for us, that would be great, but it would probably cost something... I'd have to ask.

You're dead on, even if heat isn't a problem moisture and UV are. I just don't have ABS. PETG might work too?

Honestly, I wouldn't be against just buying some ABS or PETG. Let's see what color these guys want.

I have a friend who might be able to do Nylon for us, that would be great, but it would probably cost something... I'd have to ask.

Any update on slide door locks