Bullnose Forums

2wd 1/2 ton 460 trucks??

BLES

Does your truck have the 460 crossmember, or are you running a remote filter?

No, I have the F100 crossmember and have been using a remote filter, but I'm trying to get away from the remote.

I'm sorry, I hadn't seen your other thread.

If the engine is out I'm sure you could fix it with oxy acetylene and a sledge hammer.

A supercab long box doesn’t exactly scream street truck but it has sentimental value and required heavy restoration to keep it, so here it sits. Yet to be fired!

460, TKO600 swap.

CCLB's are used like real trucks if you think railroad or oil field work crews.

You've got drive shaft hoops.

How much power, or what kind of times do you have that truck built for?

CCLB's are used like real trucks if you think railroad or oil field work crews.

You've got drive shaft hoops.

How much power, or what kind of times do you have that truck built for?

The shop that did my block work modelled it off another build they did for a motorhome that broke 500hp/ft-lbs on the dyno. I went a step more aggressive on the cam and we think it will be 525+. Simply a summer toy with the hoops to (hopefully) provide a little bit of protection with the power and clutch dumps, line lock, etc on that two piece driveshaft. Knock on wood!

I'm looking forward to the lines of the SCLB in a new monotone paint scheme, slightly lowered with a mild rake. Definitely not a common setup and I like that.

The shop that did my block work modelled it off another build they did for a motorhome that broke 500hp/ft-lbs on the dyno. I went a step more aggressive on the cam and we think it will be 525+. Simply a summer toy with the hoops to (hopefully) provide a little bit of protection with the power and clutch dumps, line lock, etc on that two piece driveshaft. Knock on wood!

I'm looking forward to the lines of the SCLB in a new monotone paint scheme, slightly lowered with a mild rake. Definitely not a common setup and I like that.

So, how much lower than your avatar?

Haha!

It was a dream of mine for many years, too. Possibly why my truck sat untouched so long! Well, I'm 52 and decided I needed to get at my bucket list! Now I'm fighting cancer, so need to get some of these projects done!

It's a Factory Five Racing with a 347 stroker and T5. Swing by during our one month of summer and I'll take you for a rip! ;-)

That's exactly the kit I had pondered. Did everything but pull the trigger on one. I was looking at a 408/427 stroker motor, which is what I had built for my Mustang. But, I can't seem to get off the ground with that project and then I started working on my truck. Just as well .....

Sorry about your cancer diagnosis. I'll be praying for you in that. What is your name and location?