Bullnose Forums

2wd 1/2 ton 460 trucks??

BLES

New guy here and I'm curious....

Anyone else run a 460 in a bullnose F100/150 street truck??

Seems most that I find are lifted 4x4, or 250/350 series. I'd like to connect with anyone else who has a similar truck and see what you've done.

Been enjoying this site. Wish I'd found it years ago! So much to read but I'm doing my best to keep up.

Thanks to all who help and contribute to this great resource.

I believe these trucks should have had the 460 in a half ton as a option! They do handle it real well! The rear tires however do not lol. Any pictures of your truck?

OK. Here's my attempt at attaching photos.

old_engine1.jpg.267c26f0c157df7ca6dd64e142688efd.jpg

The 460 about to be removed.

old_engine.jpg.ec9d133bea2c7bc47cbde7887b940a07.jpg

Engine out on the floor.

waiting.jpg.ba1a4f2a4e08b670a9d780af2d7f4950.jpg

Waiting for new engine and a few other goodies.

OK. Here's my attempt at attaching photos.

The 460 about to be removed.

Engine out on the floor.

Waiting for new engine and a few other goodies.

Can't help you on the truck but I sure like that Cobra in the background. Has always been a dream for me to build one but don't think that will ever happen. Yours? What kit is it and what engine?

Can't help you on the truck but I sure like that Cobra in the background. Has always been a dream for me to build one but don't think that will ever happen. Yours? What kit is it and what engine?

Haha!

It was a dream of mine for many years, too. Possibly why my truck sat untouched so long! Well, I'm 52 and decided I needed to get at my bucket list! Now I'm fighting cancer, so need to get some of these projects done!

It's a Factory Five Racing with a 347 stroker and T5. Swing by during our one month of summer and I'll take you for a rip! ;-)

Haha!

It was a dream of mine for many years, too. Possibly why my truck sat untouched so long! Well, I'm 52 and decided I needed to get at my bucket list! Now I'm fighting cancer, so need to get some of these projects done!

It's a Factory Five Racing with a 347 stroker and T5. Swing by during our one month of summer and I'll take you for a rip! ;-)

I helped my buddy Bill build a backdraft 347 with a TKO 600 in the close ratio RR spec, Lakewood hydraulic "pull" bell.

It's coupled to a BMW Z3 IRS by a driveshaft around 1 foot long. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Sorry to hear you're battling cancer.

I hope you and your oncologist have the upper hand.

Does your truck have the 460 crossmember, or are you running a remote filter?

Haha!

So sorry to see that you are battling cancer. I sure hope that you beat it, quickly and soon.