Bullnose Forums

Throttle bracket

old55pete

Shaun, I got it off of an 83 F350 with duel rear wheels

Then it should be the correct one. Weird how they're shaped differently between 83-84 and 85-86.

Eddie, McDonald Obsolete Parts shows as having E0TZ-9728-C in stock. According to the MPC, that is the correct throttle cable bracket for a 1980 302.

E1TZ-9728-C shows as the correct one for a 1981-1984 302. I am not sure of the difference. Nobody seems to have the 1981+ version in stock.

The bracket shown here is E1TZ-9728-J, and only shows as being correct for a 460. My 460 is an 84, so technically this bracket is correct for my engine.

Shaun,

E1TZ-9728-J may be called for, but since there were no 460's from '79-'83 a part designed for an '81 truck wasn't... although the J revision might be.

I have to go back up there to get some other parts, I will look and see if there is an 85/86 and snag the bracket off of that one. It is really no big deal. If memory serves, your engine is in the machine shop so you dont need it tomorow

I have been looking and searching also for some pictures on the difference but no luck as of yet. It would be nice to see what the difference is or if there is a difference. I would guess the one I need is the E1TZ-9728-C since mine is a 81 model. And for all I know the one on my truck may very well be that one as I haven't taken it off and looked for a part number on it. I was just looking at the way the throttle cable is not straight and thinking it was probably the wrong bracket. It has been something I wanted to address but just haven't got around to it and when I saw this post it got me back thinking about it once again. Do they have the numbers stamped into the brackets?

I have been looking and searching also for some pictures on the difference but no luck as of yet. It would be nice to see what the difference is or if there is a difference. I would guess the one I need is the E1TZ-9728-C since mine is a 81 model. And for all I know the one on my truck may very well be that one as I haven't taken it off and looked for a part number on it. I was just looking at the way the throttle cable is not straight and thinking it was probably the wrong bracket. It has been something I wanted to address but just haven't got around to it and when I saw this post it got me back thinking about it once again. Do they have the numbers stamped into the brackets?

Your throttle cable is VERY poorly routed.

You will not find a part number on the cable bracket.

Any numbers on Ford parts are engineering numbers. And that's not a number you can order.

So, you could look in the master parts catalog and see what engineering number would be found on E1TZ-9728-C.

But you're not going to find E1TZ-9728-C marked on the part.

Unfortunately, many (most?) Of the illustrations in the Master Parts Catalogue are 'generic' or 'representative' so it's hard to tell if '83's version is shorter than '81, unless the change is drastic and the whole assembly deserved a new illustration.

I have to go back up there to get some other parts, I will look and see if there is an 85/86 and snag the bracket off of that one. It is really no big deal. If memory serves, your engine is in the machine shop so you dont need it tomorow

Correct, not something I need immediately. Thanks! :nabble_smiley_good:

Shaun,

E1TZ-9728-J may be called for, but since there were no 460's from '79-'83 a part designed for an '81 truck wasn't... although the J revision might be.

There were 460's in 1980-1982 E250s and E350s, but I am not sure whether their bracket was used on the F-Series trucks in 1983. Maybe that's the reason why they were updated in 1985, the E-series style bracket didn't work well on an F-Series truck. :nabble_anim_confused:

Just found this on Ebay, they listed it by the engineering number on the speed control bracket, but this looks like it might be what you need?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-1983-FORD-TRUCK-F-150-F-250-F-350-5-0L-THROTTLE-CABLE-BRACKET-E1TA-9B736-CA/154234481528?hash=item23e9176b78:g:V~8AAOSwhodfzkPr

Correct, not something I need immediately. Thanks! :nabble_smiley_good:

Shaun,

There were 460's in 1980-1982 E250s and E350s, but I am not sure whether their bracket was used on the F-Series trucks in 1983. Maybe that's the reason why they were updated in 1985, the E-series style bracket didn't work well on an F-Series truck. :nabble_anim_confused:

Right, I don't mean to say 460's didn't exist, but why would it have a Truck identifier if that throttle bracket was designed for a van?

I'm not being argumentative, just asking for your perspective.

Right, I don't mean to say 460's didn't exist, but why would it have a Truck identifier if that throttle bracket was designed for a van?

I'm not being argumentative, just asking for your perspective.

Because the MPC is misleading. :nabble_smiley_wink:

There are a bunch of 460 powered vans there too, I will give them a look also. I find it strange that there are no part/ engineering numbers on this bracket

There are a bunch of 460 powered vans there too, I will give them a look also. I find it strange that there are no part/ engineering numbers on this bracket

I've seen it a few times before so it doesn't surprise me.

Keep in mind that EFI trucks use a different bracket, so it has to be from a carbureted truck or van.