Bullnose Forums

Accelerator Interference With New Carpet

Machspeed

Hey guys got my new carpet in and am very pleased with both the look and, for the most part, the fit. I've made very few cuts in it. However, I am concerned about the limited travel I may have with the accelerator pedal. I don't have the cable fully attached yet but I'm thinking there may be some interference. Carpet is new to my truck, as my truck had the rubber flooring. Also this is Essex mass backed. Anybody have any issues here?

Carpet1.thumb.jpg.be204e8f8c585534b2c7ff43ce879dec.jpg

Carpet2.thumb.jpg.39fde40c0d05acd614e11ead420bb792.jpg

Yes and no. (Jein in German slang.) I had problems on Big Blue with not having full travel of the accelerator. But I don't know that it was due to the carpet as I'm running a carb on an EFI intake with who knows what throttle cable and a homemade throttle bracket. So who knows what the problem was.

Anyway, you can read about it here: http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Big-Blue-s-Transformation-tp28014p87513.html

Yes and no. (Jein in German slang.) I had problems on Big Blue with not having full travel of the accelerator. But I don't know that it was due to the carpet as I'm running a carb on an EFI intake with who knows what throttle cable and a homemade throttle bracket. So who knows what the problem was.

Anyway, you can read about it here: http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Big-Blue-s-Transformation-tp28014p87513.html

Everything looks in order to me. we changed ours a few weeks back and had no issues. How much of a hastle would it be to pull the carpet and check the gas pedal? seams something else may be wrong

There is a pedal that's meant to deal with that issue.

Thinner frame,slightly different geometry.

I think it was Angelo that brought it to our attention.

I probably would have bolted the pedal on top of the carpet, rather than cut around it, but I don't have a carpet and don't want one.

The carpet looks great, BTW! :nabble_smiley_good:

There is a pedal that's meant to deal with that issue.

Thinner frame,slightly different geometry.

I think it was Angelo that brought it to our attention.

I probably would have bolted the pedal on top of the carpet, rather than cut around it, but I don't have a carpet and don't want one.

The carpet looks great, BTW! :nabble_smiley_good:

Thought about that Jim but didn't have enough carpet. I only cut out a very small area to fit up the pedal assembly. Like you said, I'm thinking there is another pedal assembly. If not, I may cut some reliefs in the pedal and bend it.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Gas-Pedal-assembly-tp58010p58025.html

Even with the thinner one the extra thickness of the mass backed essex was close. I cut a small slit in the corner to allow it settle in more and then bolted the pedal over the carpet.

Thanks for that link Scott.

I knew Angelo was the impetus, but I guess I had the context wrong. :nabble_anim_crazy:

Thanks for that link Scott.

I knew Angelo was the impetus, but I guess I had the context wrong. :nabble_anim_crazy:

You bet! I'd forgotten about that thread until you said it.

The one that came on my 86 had the top portion bent forward to pull the pedal out further. One could also crimp something on the cable to push the top of the pedal back. Just need to not compromise safety.

You bet! I'd forgotten about that thread until you said it.

The one that came on my 86 had the top portion bent forward to pull the pedal out further. One could also crimp something on the cable to push the top of the pedal back. Just need to not compromise safety.

E0TA-9A799-AB

https://www.ebay.com/itm/80-86-FORD-TRUCK-BRONCO-F150-F250-F350-GAS-THROTTLE-PEDAL-ASSEMBLY-OEM/393122908864?epid=1622217231&hash=item5b87f38ac0:g:ak0AAOSwgGhgHb8E