Bullnose Forums

Brutus got very very wicked during this real cold weather

Guys, maybe you can make some sense of this. We having a very bad cold snap down here. Temps down to 17 with single digit feel like. While this is nothing new to me, being born in DC, we just aren't set up down here to deal with this kind of cold. Anyway Brutus has the best heat right now, so when it comes time to smoke a cigarette, we go ride in brutus to keep warm. here's the thing, i know that when gas gets cold like that, it dosent combust correctly, but Brutus grew a pair of balls during this cold snap. Brutus has always been slow, but could pull a mountain. Here lately with the real cold weather, he'll smoke the tires and has way way more pickup. Whats the deal, anybody know?

hmmmmmmmm, didn't realize that until you just said it. Its incredible the difference. think i may have to look into one

Technically the stock intake is a "cold air intake"... All a "cold air intake" does is pull intake air from outside the engine compartment. Our stock intake does that (unless it's cold enough to make the diverter pull air from by the manifold instead, which is to prevent carb icing).

A lot of vehicles from the 80's onward already have such intakes, but morons don't realize that and blow $$$ for an "upgrade" they already had.

Technically the stock intake is a "cold air intake"... All a "cold air intake" does is pull intake air from outside the engine compartment. Our stock intake does that (unless it's cold enough to make the diverter pull air from by the manifold instead, which is to prevent carb icing).

A lot of vehicles from the 80's onward already have such intakes, but morons don't realize that and blow $$$ for an "upgrade" they already had.

Or they replace it with an open air cleaner that pulls air heated by the radiator, engine, and exhaust. :nabble_smiley_cry:

this makes sense, i'm assumeing you are talking about the flap inside of the intake

Could also be that you never considered how rich Brutus was before, and now that he's burning cleaner he is really putting it to the ground.

There's also the factor of cold rubber being much stiffer.

If you're saying that the truck will spin tires, consider that may be more power, or it may be less traction.

17F is 'Tuesday' here.

I hope a whole lot of people don't end up with frozen pipes down there.